converting an old TK to TD

SWAMPTHING

Hey all, I was given a very old set of TK armor, it has sat in a tupperware container for quite a few years and is actually a mix of three sets of armor, my friend mixed the three to get a good set for himself, an ok set for his wife and all the left overs were given to me for my Death trooper, now that my death trooper is waiting for boots I had no project and with the death of his wife recently he gave me the second set, it is and has already been a lot of work converting it over and I will have to wait to I can afford a helmet, (I refused to take the FX bucket) a paldron, boots, the big gun, I have already been offered an ammo pouch, I have cheese grater hand plates and a sniper plate left over from my TK build... so now the fun begins... I have already stripped the old velcro out of the legs and arms and glued them, grinded out the rivets off the TK knee plate and the belt rivets as well. the only part that will take awhile is affording the stuff I need... I am not in a good financial picture right now... oh well I am looking forward to this build

• 5 months later...

since money is tight I have put this one on the back burner but now my schedule has changed a bit and I have been challenged to have this one done for March of 2015, it took one full year to complete my Death Trooper so having this one done in a year would be fitting, no more waiting to afford a helmet... at FanExpo a couple of weeks ago, I won the sunday raffle of a AP Stormtrooper Helmet, needs some work, fans and etc.. but I am one step closer now... this new bucket will be going to my TK and my older dirtier bucket that never really matched my cleaner armor will be for my TD, I will be on the look out for boots and starting the weathering phase as soon as I get paint. The suit is wearable now and the hardest part was the learning curve modding the ab plate, took me three tries to get it right... onward **!!

Good to hear you are back on track bro. Patience is something we need to learn in this hobby and I can see you are a patient guy, so... I am sure your TD will come out great. Let us know if we can be of any help. Saludos.

send me a free paldron.... :td: HAHA!! :woot: just joking

I might have one, actually.

Not Trooper 1... but locally made and modded.

Let me see... I think I have my old black pauldron...

If I do have it, and you like it, and most important, you will use it, I can send it your way if you pay the shipping.

Not promising anything, give me a week or so to check out the storage and post picts so you can see if you like it.

Saludos.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, not to hijack this thread but I'm in a similar situation where i want to convert some TK FX armor to TD however, I can't seem to find any TD ab plates. I've seen other forums where this is done so I know I can do it I just can't seem to find the parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...