Backpack Shotgun Shell Alternative?

Bulldog44

I thought the shape of these toy wolf whistles look pretty close to the shape of those parts seen on the screen. Obviously these are not smooth cylinders due to the three molded rings but both ends flare up at each end. Not sure about the size of these as well but I remember as a kid they were about 2-3 inches in length.

Highly doubt they used these for the original pack but just thought to throw it out there. Any opinions?

post-5292-0-42985900-1395978754_thumb.jp

I think it is much more easier to take a simple installation pipe and cutting down the shells into the right size. you have to make an excessive modding for the whistles i think...sanding down the letters and the rings.

If you need the right size take a look to some swat therads. Here you will finde good pictures of ready installed shells;-)

Cheers,

Felix

Do you mean to use on your own pack or a possible part used from the movie packs?

It was never confirmed what they used for these parts, shotgun shells was just another theory. We also use plastic piping cut to length and then painted.

As you say, these are similar in the shape apart from the three moulded rings, so some work is required to make them accurate, however anything is a possibility really.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I was thinking they might work for my own pack but like both of you said, work is required to get them anywhere close. I will check out more SWAT threads once I get my pack build underway.

I am an MEPD novice and probably this stuff has already been discussed a ton already. Sorry for kicking up any unnecessary sand.

In my observation of these pipes they are hollow right thru

Don't know where shot gun shell came from to me they don't resemble at all

There's a screen shot when troops are approaching land speeder you can clearly see right thru

Never understood shotgun shell :)

From the photos I have looked at and from freeze framing the movie in HD, I noticed the cylinders are not hollow but seem to have something inside. You can barely make out something centered in each of the cylinders. The pics I attached are the ones I have been looking at closely. they seem to have a part slightly protruding from the end of each. I thought they might have been a kind of battery or a large electronic capacitor/ resistor.

The last photo is the best shot I found that shows they might not be hollow. If they were hollow, the white plate on the pipe would be more visible to see on the top 3 cylinders.

post-5292-0-00283300-1396179485_thumb.jp

post-5292-0-59243100-1396180018_thumb.jp

post-5292-0-65628200-1396180061_thumb.jp

post-5292-0-97469500-1396180088_thumb.jp