Sandtrooper Weathering

Sandman6678

Hi fellow Troopers.

Anthony, TD-66780 Ireland Outpost here.

Looking for advice on the weathering I did with my sandie!!!!

I wanted to use burnt umber, black & yellow orche to get a sandy,oily & dirty look..

Last two pics are at the St. Patricks day parade yesterday

post-5612-139516527813_thumb.jpgpost-5612-139516530457_thumb.jpgpost-5612-139516531831_thumb.jpgpost-5612-139516533407_thumb.jpgpost-5612-139516534661_thumb.jpgpost-5612-139516535944_thumb.jpgpost-5612-139516538685_thumb.jpgpost-5612-139516524724_thumb.jpgezynehe9.jpgsusenuze.jpg6ezave2a.jpgeburepaq.jpge3u7e7a4.jpgga9yge6e.jpgehydygyb.jpg5ajapaju.jpgamubareh.jpgu4u8uhut.jpguvudema4.jpgjazyzequ.jpge9e6y6ap.jpg9ubuvydy.jpgnumy9adu.jpgehamadyh.jpgga7ujy4e.jpgyge6ebem.jpgyhuvy7av.jpgugubu3ap.jpgade7a9a4.jpg7useqesa.jpg

Wow! That's some dirty armor. Lol

My preference is a little lighter on the armor parts though.

Great looking armor, but a wee bit dark. Just my 2 cents.

Remember, we work on a desert planet. That should help when weathering.

Anthony I just finished up my weathering as well. Wasn't as easy as it looked. I weathered mine and took it off like four times lol. I never could find the right color that I was looking for. Finally I read Rolf's post where he tried everything and the best color was raw umber. I diluted my down with water in a bottle and went that route. I liked how mine turned out. Hope this helps. I took mine off with water and isopropyl alcohol. If you use alcohol don't got any higher than 70%. Great pics from the parade BTW.

Not saying you need to take yours off. Just letting you know what I did. I also sanded mine with a sanding block to lighten mine up. I also wet sanded mine to lighten it up but this isn't recommended. Again not telling you this is what you should do. Just throwing you some ideas. I learned by trial and error. More error lol.

Looking good bro.

Weathering is a very repetitive process where you will find yourself soon painting and rubbing off the paint again and again.

I would say yours is starting to look good for a base layer. Actually, i would rub a bit more here and there, paint it all over it, rub off more, and paint and rub off...

That will give you more layers and more organic look.

On the other hand, the reference you posted clearly looks like it was painted with a brush and leave it like that... and pain some more over it. That is also acceptable as long as it looks the part.

Two different techniques... two looks.

Both accepted.

Just remember that at the end, weathering is very personal for the most (unless you want to go SWAT). So it is you who it should make happy.

Saludos.

Looking good bro. Looks like you have been doing work in the sand pit. Are you happy with your look. In the end it really comes down to if you are happy with the look. Weathering is weird for sure. I still find myself staring at mine and wanting to make changes. I really like the job you have done my friend.

• 1 month later...