TrooperMaster TD WIP : First Ever Build : Input More Than Welcome

millenium1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your height? Just curious as I have a set of TM on order myself. Looks like the upper part of the thighs needs to be trimmed down? I'm definitely no expert yet, just looks like it will dig inif you raise your knee a few inches.

Fantastic looking also. Really nice seeing that thang get a little dirtied up!

What is your height? Just curious as I have a set of TM on order myself. Looks like the upper part of the thighs needs to be trimmed down? I'm definitely no expert yet, just looks like it will dig inif you raise your knee a few inches.

Fantastic looking also. Really nice seeing that thang get a little dirtied up!

Hey Sean,

Thank you for your kind words :)

I'm just short of 5ft 9". What is your height?

The tops of the thighs don't need trimming, please don't do that.

Speak to Paul if you have any questions, he will guide you in the right direction.

Have you seen Gaux Saints build thread over on the FISD? It helped me so much and Paul had a lot of input during the build.

I am seeing Paul at the end of the week, he is dropping my TD bucket and a full TK kit and helmet kit round to my house.

Is it your first TM?

Yup, first TM ordered. I'm 5'10" and 195.. I'm in process on an AP build, but had to go for the TM. Haven't spent much time on FISD except to look for a few items so far but sure I'll have to go there for some tips.

2nd TM? Assembling a TK?

I'm over in the states so there's little chance I could have that kind of front door delivery! Must be nice to be able hit him up for build help, at least that's what I'd need lol!

Your height is perfect Sean, the armor will fit like a glove :yes:

I will be assembling a TK next and yes it's my second TM.

We are lucky to have Paul here in the UK, he will help you if you contact him. I have used the FISD to speak to him.

Have look at Geaux Saints build, i used that as a reference for my build and this is my first effort.

Very nice weathering progression. Keep it up with a little more layering and 'organic' accents.

Very nice work! :yes:

You are definitely getting there, Brother! :td: :thumbsup:

Thank you Michael,

Do you think i need a lot more sandy tones or is the dark oily approach ok?

Appreciate your support once again Brother :yes::thumbsup:

More sandy accenting as you have the right amount of oily for standard weathering. It's if and when you go SWAT where we will need you to get as close as possible to film accuracy.

Nice work!

More sandy accenting as you have the right amount of oily for standard weathering. It's if and when you go SWAT where we will need you to get as close as possible to film accuracy.

Nice work!

Thanks Brother :):thumbsup:

I will be aiming for SWAT eventually for sure Michael, should i not be weathering my armor as close as i can to my chosen TK now or is it better to start my weathering again once i have achieved 501st and MEPD status? :confused:

I would get Legion designation, then MEPD Officer Deployment and THEN pursue SWAT status. Rules and requirements change all the time (Elite Level), so just get the TD basics out of the way. You can focus on the SWAT side soon enough. :td:

028_zpsf8af5302.jpg027_zpsfeb1fbc0.jpg004_zps7fc59fa1.jpg017_zps82b8aff8.jpg023_zps78aa9099.jpg013_zpsb99771b4.jpgI did the first pass on my AB, Cod and Pauldron today, i am also working on my E-11 and i will post that work when my weathering is done.

I will add the sandy tones once i have my oily base.

Thank you for taking time to look at my progress and a big thank you to Scribbler for putting up with me :thumbsup:001_zps33730d1e.jpg

Your already done enough for legion brother

I'd get that done straight up then your not waiting for legion approval while applying for mepd officer

Then it's I think not far to swat for you you've definately got the attitude and the right armour mate good luck

Your already done enough for legion brother

I'd get that done straight up then your not waiting for legion approval while applying for mepd officer

Then it's I think not far to swat for you you've definately got the attitude and the right armour mate good luck

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words Vince, i will be applying for 501st in a couple of weeks.

My work is very demanding at the moment which is preventing me from doing several tasks i need to complete, i will be aiming for SWAT eventually so i want to do the best i can now to save me a little time in the long run as i have a TM TK due to arrive any day soon. :thumbsup:

Hopefully mate command do the job in spare time we all have jobs and there's a lot of troops going on lately so a lot of patience is needed by all

But the wait is worth it ;)

The command staff are so committed i cannot praise them highly enough :yes:

Scribbler has been fantastic with me and Iconoclaster too!

Looks to me like the next time you hear from them you will be SWAT :thumbsup:

Hi buddy

Is it just the angle or do you only have one rivet on back plate on left side ?

Should be 3 back as well as the 3 front

But looking good so far can't wait to see the next layers of weathering

Well done

Hi buddy

Is it just the angle or do you only have one rivet on back plate on left side ?

Should be 3 back as well as the 3 front

But looking good so far can't wait to see the next layers of weathering

Well done

Thanks for the kind words Vince :thumbsup:

It's the angle, there are 6 rivets of 8mm equally spaced as per the screen suits. :yes: