Question on AM and SWAT

bjsavage7

A friend of mine is looking to go SWAT and has AM armor. Are there any basic/major issues with this armor that would prevent him from achieving SWAT? I didn't think there was, but figured I'd ask here. The L3 CRLs for TD don't mention anything about it, but the L3 TK CRLs specifically mention AM, and point out particular issues with it.

Good question.

I would say, if he can modify it to look just as on screen, that would be fine. Otherwise, I think it would not be cleared.

I have a TE2 and modified it to better look like ANH instead of ROTJ. Particularly talking about my chest plate.

I think that the AM chestplate and probably the Back would not be good out of the box.

Helmet is definitely a no go.

Mike, Rick, What do you guys think?

Is there a straight forward answer or should we discuss it over the command staff area?

Saludos

On FISD, the chest and back need to be upgraded for higher levels of accuracy. I had an AM and you either need to mod the chest like crazy or simply upgrade to RT-mod chest and back. I'm no sure if NE uses the same plastic as AM as they were / are the same maker but there were some mold origin issues being discussed a while back.

Helmet is a no go for sure. Make sure the shin and calf halves are oriented properly as AM molded the ridges on the wrong sides.

The hand plates are way too big. I'd recommend upgrading to accurately sized latex ones. Make sure the belt and ammo strip are trimmed accurately. Shoulder bells aren't the best shape but they can be heated and trimmed too.