Bee Stinger Faucet Covers No More

Quartermaster

Hey gang. Just wanted to throw this out there so maybe we can all work together to find a solution.

As Rick can attest, the Oval Faucet Covers we have been using for our pack builds over the years has suddenly been discontinued and undergone a design change.

Since this was the closest available part as far as screen accuracy is concerned, we now have a problem. I have been searching for weeks now, trying to find a source for the old style, but have come up empty.

One place that I found claimed to have 1,500 of the old style, in fact, did not.

I know that someone started a thread recently with the Italian Gio Style 70's Canteen that it may be a found part for the stinger. I'm sure these are extremely rare to find, if it is in fact, THE part.

So what to do now???

Anyone up for making a Tool of the Faucet Cover for possible vac forming???

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man!

That is bad news...

We either need to find a source, the found part in big supply or make our own.

Maybe making our own mould and vacu forming will be the best alternative, is that possible?

Hope we can find a solution.

Saludos

it is true.ive also been searching and they are discontinued. Im working on an alternative but I'm a few weeks out on completion

The vac forming will be expensive because of the height. I found it will require 1 sheet of plastic per pull.

The Home Depot I went to last summer (Massapequa, New York) had a whole box full and might still have some. They were a rusty brown color but same shape as the light blue one i found at Lowes in Bayshore New york. I will ask my dad to drop by there this week to check. Out here in Japan there is nothing sold like that part but there are some plastic containers with similar dimensions at the 100 yen shops . Let you know if anything turns up.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Hard-Faucet-Cover-1951/100314242

I checked online and the Home Depot in Copaigue, New York has 174 units in stock .also 151 in stock at the Farmingdale ,NY Home Depot. Priced at $1.98. I bought one of these last summer and it matched the same size as the light blue faucet cover from Lowes. Hope this helps. Unfortunately it is only sold in store and not on line but perhaps you can call and arrange for them to be shipped. I might be able to ask my family to help out if all other options run out.

My dad is going to Home Depot tomorrow to have a look for me. If they have them I will post asap. From what I remember last summer, there was a ton of them in a box all covered in dust. Hoping the cold winter didn't clean out their inventory.

Ok...i got it!!!!......i need one of the most accurate one....we make a hard mold .cut in half make a 2 peice...then hight wont be a problem......when rick and i spoke of this i did not think out side the box........so who has one you want to donate to the couse....also to the pack builders out there....you are gonna gave to raise your price a bit..My guess...take drying time out it will take about 1 to 2 hrs to make them

Ok...i got it!!!!......i need one of the most accurate one....we make a hard mold .cut in half make a 2 peice...then hight wont be a problem......when rick and i spoke of this i did not think out side the box........so who has one you want to donate to the couse....also to the pack builders out there....you are gonna gave to raise your price a bit..My guess...take drying time out it will take about 1 to 2 hrs to make them

Walt, I have to get down to you. I have a design in mind :)

I was thinking of pouring a cast of one to make a tool. Then cut the tool in half and vac form it in 2 halves that could be glued together. Sort of how the old Crashmann syphon was done.

Another idea, pour a resin mold of just the bottom oval shape. Then wrap it with plastic for the main body.

Sorry for not updating sooner. My dad went to Home Depot but he picked up the wrong one. He will make a trip back there this week and see if they have the correct one you are all looking for.

John, that is good news you got some on Long Island. I am sure there are few home centers that still have some stock lurking around.