voice amp

Ok, I searched a lot of places and everyone has a something different. What you guys think works best?

Ben

I think the only way to go is to install the little train speakers in your aerators, run them to a small radioshack amp and mount a headset inside your helmet with all wires concelled. A very effiecent, elegant - yet effective way to have your voice project from the helmet in true movie fashion. You could add a static box, too, but the effect is so subtle I don't think it's worth $150.

How about a parts list with links to get all those parts, eh?

My sound gear crapped out on me a while ago, and I want to redo it all before C3!

Sure, use this source as a place to start.

http://www.gothos.com/tk5248/mod1.html

I'd never used a soldering iron before I tried this, so it took me about four/five hours to get it right. But, in the end it's well worth it. Two things to note: in the above tutorial, they use the coveted Radioshack amp that's no longer available. Instead, use the inexpensive $12.99 one as shown here. And wire up a microphone inside your helmet like this...

Posted Image[/img]

I went with a ROM FX board for the static burst, and it really works well. It comes from someone in the UK Garrison...I lost the contact name when my computer wigged a while back and I had to do a total system re-install. I also use the aerator mounted speakers, but I had to make a cord to plug into the amp board's 1/8" phono plug speaker jack.