First attempt: Feedback please

TheKido

So here's my first attempt at weathering. I run out of test pieces before I finished deciding which method to use so I will likely re weather the AB-plate, kidney plate, butt plate and plausibly the back plate as well. Any feedback on the weathering would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_5085_zpsd0c7ad52.jpg

IMG_5087_zps5d7fef79.jpg

IMG_5090_zps836854f7.jpg

IMG_5094_zpsed50e744.jpg

IMG_5108_zps1ce9971e.jpg

I think you've done a fine job at it! It looks very organic. You could lighten up some of the deep black spots a bit, but it's all just a personal preference. What did you use? Hard to tell, but you could weather the pauldron a touch and the back of your belt where your belt overlaps.

Thanks for input!

I'm guessing your referring to the black spots on the kidney- and but plate mainly? And the belt will definitely get a layer of paint. As for the pauldron it looks way more dirty in real life so not sure it is needed. :)

I used acrylic paints with raw umber as the base coat and just a tiny bit of burnt umber by the cover strips. I applied it all with a fair share of water and dabbed it of and reapplied it all a few times. At least that's what I did with the bucket, arms and legs. The torso is done with more burnt umber and less water. I preferred the first method way more. :)

Agree, nice job on the weathering. Also agree, I would lighten up the dark spots a bit. My preference would be a total tone down, but that's just me.

We can tell everyone you work in motor pool! In your off days. Lol the dirty trooper who keeps everything running! Ooh rahhh

Hi Adam,

The weathering generally looks great, really natural. I would lighten up any block patches, (Kidney and Butt and a little on the Back Plate but it is all a personal thing) and you would think you were experienced and accomplished never mind first time!!! Great Job :yes: