old troopers Dirty Boy Back Pack Build

Old Trooper

So with my T-21 well in Hand I turn my attention to the back pack for my Sand Trooper kit.

This a Dirty Boy Kit. The delivery was very prompt. The are no instruction included but hay this ain't rocket science. Look at pic's & read forum that clues me in what I've got to do. What will make this a good looking kit in the end is to have a duel action air brush. Now I actually start the build before I started taking pic's hence some of my pic's seem more advance than one would expect. Yes I know some of u will be up set by this, so this is my one only apology......Sorry.... now take two tsp. of cement & harden up princes :D.

Frame Assembled & undercoated
IMG_0029.jpg
Components' display
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_00251.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

Large tray that form the Blue/grey & black box of the Back pack(B/P)
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Now these are 2 drink bottles & a container that will be position on the BP
IMG_0037.jpg

This a look at the parts after given their base coats of part prior to complete assemble
IMG_00681.jpg

So here's where I'm at with the pack build at the moment:

Gun shot shell casings = PVC pipe & ten cents

IMG_0078.jpg

The bumble bee section of the kit

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_00811.jpg

Lower section of pack components

IMG_00821.jpg

Top half of the lower section constructions

IMG_00831.jpg

IMG_00841.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_00881.jpg

Top half of the Upper section constructions

IMG_00891.jpg

IMG_00911.jpg

IMG_00931.jpg

The bottom Half of the lower sect of the pack

IMG_00951.jpg

boxes assembled & on frame

IMG_00961.jpg

IMG_00971.jpg

IMG_00981.jpg

IMG_00991.jpg

So now that you have seen how it was put together this is what a little weathering can do note that there has been some additions since the last lot of pic's
IMG_0102-1.jpg
How to make gun shot shells PVC tubing, 10 cent pieces, Glue, paint imaginations.

IMG_0103-1.jpg
IMG_0106-1.jpg
IMG_0107-1.jpg
IMG_0108-1.jpg
Dusty & dirty

A view over the radio set with basic writing
IMG_00991.jpg

Now I've added some other components ie wire over the shot gun shells & the plate from the Thermal detonator
IMG_0114-1.jpg
IMG_0119-1.jpg
IMG_0118-1.jpg

Note the extra detail on the tuner finder face
IMG_0117-1.jpg

The only thing left is locate a tuberware lid for the radar dish & add on pack straps

Awesome Chris!

Ricks kits are really awesome and with the right work and love, it will end up as a really cool pack!

So keep it up, and if you need any help, references or have questions, let us know.

We will try our best t help you out.

I have been thinking about building a new pack myself for some time. But I dont have enough time but do have too many projects already on the work bench. So I guess I will settle for now following build threads like this one!

:)

And...

Now I actually start the build before I started taking pic's hence some of my pic's seem more advance than one would expect. Yes I know some of u will be up set by this, so this is my one only apology......

Guess you are still new to our community, but you will soon realize that members here almost never get upset by stuff like missing pictures or even about arguments and other things happening in other forums. Even with just 3 posts, we already consider you a brother, part of this sandy brotherhood, and therefore we will be here to support you and help you become the best TD you can. We don't care about showing who is better or has more experience. We only care about helping and enjoying being Sandtroopers!

:)

Welcome!

Saludos.

WOW!

Man that was fast!

LOL...

The only thing I can see from here, is that the blue box should have 5 plastic strips over it, and not just 3 as the kit comes...That may be a major pain to put apart-mod-put together, but your build is too cool to not do it...

Here are a couple refs:

post-1761-0-08778400-1392233228_thumb.jp

post-1761-0-59457800-1392233228_thumb.jp

Saludos

It looks like 3 screws. The only problem with that method is it won't work for SWAT. The cistern has to be angled out. It provides more security and was a standard way for a while but now as we get closer to the screen caps assembly has changed

Quoted from Dirty Boy
It looks like 3 screws. The only problem with that method is it won't work for SWAT. The cistern has to be angled out. It provides more security and was a standard way for a while but now as we get closer to the screen caps assembly has changed.

From Old trooper.
Any Suggestion on how best to get the look you high lighted. I'm looking at only achieving police officer, I don't think I'll be able to get my armour to SWAT standard due to my weight size Vs type of kit (ATA) But I'm looking to make it the best grade of police officer.

Look at the fifth photo from the bottom of your last post with pictures. See the cistern laying on the pack? Notice how the top piece has a slight angle laying towards the radio. I believe you want that parallel with the trays, allowing the cistern to just hang naturally, and actually having the skinny side sit off of the pack a bit, but , hopefully Rick, or someone will chime in and verify for sure.

Really coming along nicely.

Quoted from Dirty Boy

It looks like 3 screws. The only problem with that method is it won't work for SWAT. The cistern has to be angled out. It provides more security and was a standard way for a while but now as we get closer to the screen caps assembly has changed.

From Old trooper.

Any Suggestion on how best to get the look you high lighted. I'm looking at only achieving police officer, I don't think I'll be able to get my armour to SWAT standard due to my weight size Vs type of kit (ATA) But I'm looking to make it the best grade of police officer.

Perfect for police officer man :)

• 2 weeks later...