TrooperVic WIP...finally

TrooperVic

Thanks Purplehaze!

*Update*

I started the weathering process at our squad armor party. This is only stage 1. I want to add a little more grey and light brown colors. I may have to resize the thighs depending on how my boots will fit me once I get them, so that along with my arms and belt will be last to be weathered.

weathering1.jpg

weathering2.jpg

weathering3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

I sent in my photos for approval this weekend. :dance:

Here's a picture of my completed neck seal. I used Pandatrooper's tutorial on FISD.

neck_seal.jpg

Here's one of my submission photos. At the time, I didn't realize my left shin was a little crooked :P Sorry for the bad pic by the way.

Also, A BIG thanks to TheTrooper for the hook up on the TK Boots. I freaking love them. Thanks for the help.

submission_front.jpg

I decided to take it out for a test run this weekend at the El Centro Air Show to see what needs improvements. Here's a shot my girlfriend took in front of some Blue Angels. Since I'm still working on getting an E-11, a squad member let me borrow his DLT-19

After wearing it this weekend, here are some minor tweaks I need to make.

• Resize the thighs. The bottom of my left thigh (ammo box) gets caught on the top of my shin. I can still walk fine, but I can see it's going to be trouble later on.
  • The shoulder pouch will have to be secured another way until I can get a pack.
  • Secure the thighs with webbing instead of elastic. I felt like they were drooping more and more as walked.

Overall I was really happy how it held up. Thanks to everyone for the kind words of support and for the help. TD-21782 will be reporting for duty soon and in line for Officer deployment. :salute:

me_at_airshow.jpg