TE Sandtrooper Appreciation Thread-Here's My Bumpy Cap

JoeR

Sorry gang,

I couldn't hold myself back any longer. A TE appreciation thread without me? Never! Here's the FIRST TE helmet ever pulled... Bumpy cap & back and autographed by The Master!

Posted Image

Posted Image

My wife Faye purchased it from TE for her naughty little boy for his 49th birthday. Surprisingly, my other two helmets are smooth. I may have to "snake" a bumpy cap & back helmet from Mr. X!! Enjoy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike, both suits are absolutly awesome!

your TD-suit is one of the best and most accurate suits i´ve ever seen and i´ve seen a lot of them...

Thanks... but I think it's just because I'm skinny.

smooth edges, no deep tooth area, no detail in the chin, very round ears (painted piece) it has less detail at all! Look how the teeth are trimmed out - no deepness visible ( only wrong cutted? ) If this is a TE the newer TE helmets look better. What says the master?

Meatsock all the way. A total rip off artist that claimed he molded a helmet in switzerland and did not take pics and then the guy died so he could not go back and get photos of the real helmet. I left a 'tell' in that helmet he cast and it is there to this day. Even on the recasts of the recats of the metsock.. his is a 3rd-4th casting. A real loser and a total POS. A side shot will show the tell and also his really horrible trimming jobs he did to the helmets.

Matt/STE

Troopers,

It's time to steer this thread back to it's original topic. Remember, we pride ourselves in creating AND maintaining a friendly and nonthreatening environment for all who visit here.

While the history of the "Armor Wars" is available for all interested parties to learn for themselves, I must remind all sandtroopers to keep their comments civil in this thread and in any other thread that you decide to participate in.

The fact that "recasters" are "bad juju" is not lost on me my friends. Being the new keeper of the TE flame, I can certainly relate to the "distaste" that Matt has for "recasters".

Let us now return to the original intent of this thread...to enjoy and to share with others our love for our TE buckets.

Carry on!

Better shoot me some pics of the inside. and also the right profile. If there is not a signature in it, then you got screwed. JCF was aslo the one that showed off the meatsock helmets to everyone sayng a new helmet was made. hmmm.. he lives in new york and so does meatsock.. hmmm...

Are the tube stripes painted???

Matt/STE

Clutch is your helmet signed by Matt/TE on the inside of it???

My TE is signed and dated.

He only made a few and they're hard to find. They're made out of ABS like GF's were.

I have a Gino helmet and it's def not made out of ABS it's made out of glossy hips.