Hello

Dust_0ff

Hello, Ive been interested In star wars ever since i could remember, a few years back I read about the 501st in the star wars insider magazine and was real interested. Now Im old enough to get a job and am looking around for 1. I made my decision to become a Sand Trooper because they are just kick@$$. I plan on attending C3 although since im only 16 I wont be a part of the 501st. I also have now relized the effect you guys have on peoples lives and I would really just like to help people as much as you guys do, and if time permits Id like to be in the 501st for the rest of my life. Other than that I would like to have the whole getup by C3 and having it cost around 1000 bucks a little more or less wouldnt hurt. So basically I could use any help that can be offered and the only thing i have now is a will. Although the first thing i plan on working on is the mg-15 type rifle. tk-409's tutorial/pics help alot. But anyway, Ill be around here often, and Im glad I have found you guys.

Welcome. There's lots of ways to do things on/with your armor and parts, so don't be afraid to ask. I usually choose the "do it yourself" method, over just buying stuff. It's cheaper, usually a lot more light weight, and gives personal satisfaction.

thanks, i have five questions that ive been wondering about now for a while, they are as follows:

1. How do you sit down in armor?

2. What do you wear under the black suit?

3. How do you go to the bathroom while wearing your suit?

4. How do you keep cool in your suit?

5. How do bring your armor and blasters to airports and on planes ?

Also if anyone knows where i could buy a storm trooper armor kit, please just post...thanks.

VERY carefully. Most don't. There is a mod you can make where you cut the lower back ab plate and the front cod piece, so they are like flaps. This gives you the bendability to sit.

Depends on the weather, for me.

Need to have a zipper in that area of your undersuit, first, then also see the mods from #1.

The fan in my helmet. Other than that, really, my undersuit works just like a diving suit (it's made from bathing suit material) - you sweat for a bit, then it regulates itself.

Never done this, but I have read about it. You ziplock your tub (50 gallon) shut, but bring spare zip ties. Be at the airport way early. Make sure you stress that it is plastic cotume and plastic toy gun. They will probably want to go through the tub by hand. Let them. You'll have to wrap the armor pieces very well, because of the baggage handlers. I've heard that some will keep their helmets with them in the plane, as their carry-on. Other than that stuff, just pray that it gets there in one piece.

Thanks for those answers, but now i have an even bigger one. Where do i start? I hope to be starting to build the mg-15 type blaster this weekend (going out buying materials, ect). But other than that i dont really know where to start. Also, when my armor is completed, and meets the requirements of the MEPD, I still wouldnt be able to join right?

I hate to say it, but since you wouldn't be able to join the 501st, due to your status as a minor, you couldn't join the MEPD yet. Unfortunately, these are the rules we all have to live by, but don't let it stop you from becoming the best sandtrooper you can be!

As for where to find the armor, there are two answers to this.

1. Think of it as your "Holy Grail". If you find it, and get it, then you truely want to become a member of the Legion. It shows a good amount of dedication.

2. Contact your local garrison, and see if they can help you.

Modify the ab plate so the cod is seperated but holded on with ties, so it moves. (im 6'4" so the armor fits me better in the areas that need to move)

Shirt and boxers

And make sure you get Black dive skin(not dive suit, dive skin goes under a dive suit)

www.123scuba.com has them

You will over heat if you get a full blown dive suit

Umm, Ive been lucky enough so far, You have to unsuit for the most part.

The suit isnt the problem it is the helmet. Drill out the teeth and anything else you can to get more air in. and put some quit computer fans in.

Since you will be dirting up the armor. Dremel out the lines on the side of the fance. and the lines on the checks. It lets in alot more air.. But be carefull. Then dirty up the armor and no one will know. Until they get up close, but your a sandtrooper y wouldnt you do this.

Will find out next year for SWC3. But im told as long as you tell the airline you have a movie prop they will check it and you should be fine. (get a kenner blaster and paint it black(all plastic )

Find a storage tub that will stay closed and meets airline rules.

Side note

I started researching TK armor when i 18 and wasnt able to buy it until i was 20. so do all the research you can now. Do alot of google, msn, yahoo searches for Stormtrooper armor, and stormtrooper how to . etc. etc. etc.

As pointed you cant join up until your 18, so start researching and building now so youll be ready to go in a few years.

I would NOT get armor on Ebay if I were you. You want an unfinished kit, NOT a completed costume. The armor has to fit YOUR body. Nobody can make that except you. Go to www.501st.com Check in the area that you live, and contact the leader of that group.They should be able to help.

Like 432 said, research. I did TONS of research, too. Get and save as many stormtrooper pictures as you can. You will need them. Do searches for "stormtrooper how to", "armor modifications", etc.

yea Ive definately done alot of research and alot more is still to come. But i have a few more questions....1.)what is the major response you guys get from people whether it be good or bad. 2.)Im planning to attempt to make a full sandtrooper costume for about 1000 dollars, is it possible? 3.) If i go to C3 in full attire, I can wear any rank pauldron, because I dont have a ranking officer right?

1. The major response we get is positive. Every once in a while you get one or two jock idiots who feel the need to elevate their own low self esteem by yelling out something insulting, or in even rarer cases, they'll try to take a swing at you. Usually this fails miserably, because a good percentage of us are either ex military or police. (This is just my own personal experience, of course)

2. Yes, it's possible if you make all the accesory items (backpack, bfg, ab plate/knee plate mods) yourself.

3. Since you won't be a member of the 501st by C3, you can pretty much wear whatever pauldron you want, but if you want to impress us (ie: the MEPD) you'd better be good and dirty!

oh i plan to be nice and dirty but i was just taking some screenshots of the dvd and saw something that I couldnt figure out what it was so here it is...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

what is the box like apparatus on the sandtrooper to the left? Also I see the other sandtrooper (to the right) is wearing another 3 pocket "mp-40 magazine holder" do you guys have one there and if so how does it attach. there are a few other captures of the back puches and other things that i dont know what are, maybe you guys do....

The 3 pocket magazine holders actually came as a set, they are German MP-38/40 pouches and come in pairs, I assumed that the troopers all had both, one on the shoulder and one on the left hip. ( this is what i have for my costume) the caps you have show someting smaller, most likely just another type of leather pouch of british or german military surplus...

I have my sandtrooper binoculars on my other hip, attached with a cell phone clip ( the spinning kind)...

-Joey

TD-152

Well, as most know the majority of sandtroopers wore the MP40 pouches. It has been pointed out that there are other pouches seen too, though. Looks like the same pouches that the jawas wore, and other small types. Interesting as always, but just a good idea to have something, where you can store your keys, money, room key, camera, etc.

Questions: 1. Reactions are always super good, to sometimes just mediocre (if they're not fans).

2. Yes, under $1000 is totally a goal. Like was said, though, you'll probably have to make a lot of the stuff (which is what I prefer anyways). The armor will cost the most. Make your undersuit. Get bathing suit material, and JoAnns has patterns for body suits. Make the backpack - it will be very lightweight, and will be "your creation". Can be functional, too (can hold stuff for you). Make your BFG of choice. There's lots of great photos out there. Again, my choice for such weapons is wood and plastic - very lightweight and cheap. There's some great tutorials on the BBC http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/ ... c0084a8270 The DLT-19/MG-34 I just made looks great and only weighs 3.5lbs!! You're gonna have to buy a pauldron, boots, gloves, electronics (I'd recommend a fan at least), and maybe a pouch, but other than that, you can totally make everything.

3. My view - you're pretending to be a sandtrooper, so you can pretend to be whatever rank you want, too. It's a COSTUME - not real life.

I paid $570 shipped for my kit with lenses. This was a few years ago though. I'm sure you are going to put flat lenses in anyway so it doesn't really matter if it comes with them or not. After getting my kit the first thing I did was build the helmet. Once you have the helmet done and sitting on a shelf somewhere it can be quite a motivator in getting the rest of it built. Take your time when building it though. Welcome aboard and good luck.

I think it probably took me as long to make the helmet, as it did to make the rest of the armor. The helmet is one thing everyone recognizes, so I didn't want to mess mine up.

Like Kirby said, $545 is a good price, with or without lenses. Why would someone ship a kit with no lenses?!? That's a stupid part to leave out. Oh well. Like was said, too, you'll be replacing the lenses with flat ones anyhow, so it doesn't matter.

well $500 is still beyond what i have currently, but im hoping to get most of what i need for a backpack and mg-15, with the money i do have....ill try, and get what i can from my house, then ill hit the stores tomorrow. For the back pack i guess there is not a right or wrong way, based upon several backpacks i saw in the picture gallery.

on an upside, alot of our guys are wearing "underarmor" which after switching to it, I think it's the best undersuit out there, it wicks the moisture right away from your skin and keeps you a ton cooler. downside is it usually runs 40-50 bucks for top and bottom EACH. heres the thing, I unfortunately had to swing into walmart the other day, and low and behold they finally microscopically redeemed themselves. they have a product which mirrors underarmor exactly, and the tops are 9.99, and the bottoms are 10.99. the tops are in the mens sport clothing section, and the bottoms are in the womens, but ****, for 21 bucks, ya cant beat it, and it's comfy as ****. anywhoo, it'll save ya a few bucks! happy hunting!