Jas' TM TD Build

jas

Hi All,

This arrived for me yesterday.

photo21_zpsbfbc99c1.jpg

photo20_zps01206468.jpg

photo19_zps943fb3ce.jpg

photo18_zps3dbd9611.jpg

Troopermaster Armour kit with gloves, belt and accurate fittings kit. I am truly impressed with the quality of the fittings, the finish of the armour and the way Paul has packed and labelled the kit. Well worth the money and shows that he truly cares about what he does. Now I just need to do it justice with the build!!

Thanks Beren!

Well the cutting begins. I was dreading working with this stuff as I wasn't sure how hard it would be to cut/trim but so far it has been a pleasant surprise. Pandatrooper's dremel tips have been a massive help. Any feed back on my initial trim would be appreciated. I have deliberately left meat on the edges so I can carefully trim the last mm or so by scalpel and file. Probably the area I'm most unsure about is the area under the ears. I'm not sure how important the line is through this area and what affect it will have on connecting the back to the faceplate. If anyone sees any issues, please let me know. C & C is very welcome.

photo23_zps9cf05465.jpg

photo24_zps0f414681.jpg

photo25_zps38b643aa.jpg

Cheers Cantina Security.

Paul, since I have already placed my screws, how do I take advantage of the trimming? Won't the lower screws placement keeps the ears in their existing place? Will I need to re-drill where the lower screws go into the helmet?

You might be alright. The top two screws will go back in the same holes but you may need to drill a new hole for the lower screw. I have seen some helmets that look like Swiss cheese behind the ear caps with all the adjusting that has been done, but you should only need one extra hole 'if' your lower screw doesn't fit the original hole.

Hi All,

A little more progress. I have decided on pushing on and getting the armour together and then I will go back and clean up the smaller issues (such as the ears). As I have never assembled an armour before, I have needed to see how things fit together to get an appreciation of how certain things work or join.

So the photos are a little crappy but I got my wife to take them just so I can see how things are sitting. Thighs are now finished but are just taped in the photos. I'm surprised how nicely the thighs fit my legs and are quite comfortable. We'll see what it's like when I start walking!! :P

Comments and criticism is welcome!

image_zps16579f99.jpg

image_zps60902a79.jpg

image_zpsdc40830b.jpg

image_zpsbb3929ff.jpg

Try and keep the thighs nice and loose, especially the lower end near your knees. Once you are happy with the fit, split the difference in the overlap at the backs. Keep the back knee border trim equal and try to keep the curve on the inner halves at the top. You may end up cutting more of the outer top parts at the back than the inner parts but do whatever you need to do and keep them looking as equal as possible.

Post photos of anything you are unsure of and I will be happy to advise.

Cheers Paul, that's exactly what I did. I went off the photos you sent me, screen caps and the input and feedback (by you) from the Geaux Saints build you told me about eg - I saw in the Geaux Saints build he had trimmed the lower edge of the thigh but you left yours alone in line with screencaps and LFL archives, so I didn't trim mine. As you know, the only issue I have had so far is the biceps and I mucked that up because I wasn't paying attention. :6: