Jas' Filter Pack Build

jas

Hi All,

I have received a Dirty Boy pack kit and proceeded to build it up. It is nearly done in preparation of fitting straps etc and weathering.

Just wanted some thoughts on top item fitment. The faux filter appears to be slightly undersized lengthwise. I placed the filter based on screencaps and went off top line placement of the filter. However this seems to cause the bottle and Tupperware container to mount "high" based on their placement in relation to maintaining a straight line with bottom of the filter. Thoughts?

Other than that it has been a great kit! Cheers Rick!

I still have to vinyl wrap the radio and I'm waiting on my TM armour for the control panel and pipe caps.

photo11_zpse7ef86ff.jpg

photo1_zpscf202cbf.jpg

photo2_zps24408dc9.jpg

photo3_zps2c3d39d6.jpg

It appears that your tupperware container may be a touch too big. I think your pack looks great, but if you are hoping for a more screen accurate look, you might want to replace this piece. Otherwise, maybe just lower your tupperware to "split the difference"...

pack_05a.jpg

Rick is right. You need to drop the tupperware container a bit to line things up better.

That piece is original to the film packs. You have to remember that some of the other parts we make and use are based on estimations of size. Not all parts from the originals are known so we do the best we can to get these parts as close to screen accurate as possible.

Looks great. Keep up the great work.

Cheers guys for all the great feedback.

Well I have made some adjustments. How's this look?

I have lowered the filter, bottle and stow and go and I feel this is more representative of the screen look. I moved everything to the wearer's left more as well and I feel this has balanced the fittings better. Comments and criticism is very welcome.

photo14_zpsff5b97b8.jpg

photo13_zps60255495.jpg

photo12_zps49b01d72.jpg

photo11_zps75b1896d.jpg

This is my favorite pack, and yours looks just fine! The only thing that I see is the position of the filter... Maybe you could lower it just another 1/2 inch or so (compare to the reference picture in post #4). These are SWAT level modifications though. For Police Officer, I believe the pack is good to go now.

This is my favorite pack, and yours looks just fine! The only thing that I see is the position of the filter... Maybe you could lower it just another 1/2 inch or so (compare to the reference picture in post #4). These are SWAT level modifications though. For Police Officer, I believe the pack is good to go now.

Aaaahhh, you're absolutely right! It's really obvious when you point it out. It's funny but looking at pictures is better than comparing it in the flesh sometimes. I think your eyes can play tricks on you when you look at something in real life but when you take a photo it puts things in perspective and hopes with scaling. Cheers mate, I'll get on it right away.

Cheers Rolf! I have relocated the "filter" based on Beren's suggestion and again, I am much happier.

The DLT-19 is a rubber resin cast from Grand Moff Niko. He has a thread in the For Sale section. It is an MG34 cast with all the DLT extras, detail is excellent, material, being a rubber resin, seems very durable. The pricing for Oz is very reasonable. The only issue I have had is extensive air bubbles. Nothing particularly difficult, just time consuming. And in all honesty, it is expected with non-professional casts. Once I finish the pack, I will be onto final clean up and painting of the DLT.

• 2 months later...