*IN PROGRESS*TD-3253 Requesting Deployment

Hello brothers and sisters!

Got my sandy completed for C6, actually fininshed weathering it in my hotelroom opening day. What a mess! Been meaning to submit pics and try to get deployed for a while now, but work and what not made it rough before now. Anyway, here is my info and pics. I realise now I still need a pic showing the lense color and rivets on my clam shell... I'll take those pics tomorrow and add them in. Let me know if I need anything else! Thanks all!

Name: Joel Ruprecht

Tk/TD 3253

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=13267&costumeID=2

Forum Name: Whitejob77

Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7152.jpg

IMG_7149.jpgIMG_7148.jpgIMG_7147.jpg

IMG_7144.jpg

IMG_7143.jpgIMG_7142.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7139.jpg

IMG_7133.jpg

IMG_7132.jpgIMG_7131.jpgIMG_7130.jpgIMG_7129.jpgIMG_7128.jpgIMG_7127.jpgIMG_7169.jpgIMG_7126.jpg

@ Joel - Just wanted to let you know that your application has been received. There will be a slight delay with the official review start since the weekend is upon us and I will be away from the comp for the next couple of days.

I will definitely get the process up to speed first thing Monday morning. For now, i would suggest that you paint one strip of black anywhere on the rank bars (ears).

For now, everything looks pretty good so far for Standard Officer Deployment. Good job! :td::thumbsup:

Nice looking trooper. Some questions... Do you have a neck seal on? Just saw a lot of skin and was wondering. Also the pouches. They are supposed to have rounded flaps, but not sure if needed for basic deployment. Backpack looking awesome! Sure to see you in the sandpit soon.

Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses, questions and compliments!

I got some extra pics here today and painted a black strip on a single earbump, on each side of the bucket, as suggested.

I am wearing a neck seal, in the goofy grin pic it should be visable. In a couple other pics, the leather strap from my macrobinoculars is visable along the neckseal. I normally wear a balaclava too, just in case the shorties can see up my helmet. Its the same neck seal I wear with my ESB TK, is there a difference between the two?

As for the pouches, I followed a pattern I found on these forums to make them myself. Absolutely wonderful patterns. I forget who posted them, but I honestly wish I had his name to give him full credit... he did a great job. The pouches on my waist have rounded flaps, just not the shoulder pouch. If its required I can make the cuts np.

The backpack is a wonderful build by Quarter Master. He kept building my pack through a natural disaster and still kept his high quality standards. Great guy! I hope he sees these pics and I have done his pack justice =)

Here are the additional pics:

I included pics of the lense, the elastic shoulder straps, belt pouches, rivets, and canvas belt.

Thanks again for the input!

dump11-26-132448.jpgdump11-26-132452.jpgdump11-26-132453.jpgdump11-26-132454.jpgdump11-26-132455.jpgdump11-26-132456.jpgdump11-26-132446.jpg

I'll take an exacto knife to the buttons and see if they pop off without too much grief. Sanding and painting won't be an issue, I'm just hoping the ABS backing and the HIPS belt don't part ways. Thanks man! I didn't even notice :)

@ Joel - Welcome and thanks for your interest in becoming one of the proud officers of the MEPD Deployed!

Great looking rig you have there! :thumbsup:

Just a few minor mods and you'll be good to go!

Let's begin...

APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1)

Name: Joel Ruprecht
Legion ID #: TD-3253
Forum Name: Whitejob77

Garrison: Northern Darkness Garrison

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK
b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK
c.) Correct Number Of Teeth -- CHECK
d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK
e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK
f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK
g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK
h.) Brow -- CHECK
i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Excellent build! :thumbsup:

** CHECKED & CLEARED **

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Canvas / Elastic Straps -- CHECK

b.) Neck Seal -- (SEE COMMENTS)
c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK
d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK
e.) Biceps -- CHECK
f.) Forearms -- CHECK
g.) Pauldron -- CHECK --CHECK
h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK
I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK
j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- CHECK
k.) Thighs -- CHECK
l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK
m.) Sniper Plate --CHECK
n.) Boots -- CHECK
o.) Gloves -- CHECK
p.) Hand Plates / Guards --CHECK
q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edges -- (SEE COMMENTS)
r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK
s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK
t.) Pouches -- CHECK (SEE COMMENTS)

u.) Weathering -- CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Great looking armor and gear, Joel. Nice work on the weathering as well. Just a few mod requests to take care of and you'll be set!

1.) Need to see a close up pic of your neck seal detail. There appears to be one shot of you wearing one, but in the other pics, your neck can be seen under the helmet.

IMG_7143.jpg

2.) The angled edges on your waist belt appear to be too sharp. Try and tweak them a bit more to appear like the ref pic below. I know that this may be your only belt, but see what you can do. (*Note: For S.W.A.T., you will definitely have to replace the belt to achieve the correct appearance.)

IMG_7133.jpg

DSCF7125.jpg

(Photo courtesy of DarthChridran / TD-7987)

3.) Although your current pouches are fine for Standard Officer deployment, you will need to get more accurate ones eventually. (i.e. canvas shoulder and waist pouches with accurate specs. (There are 2 members that offer affordable screen accurate pouches here. Please give them a look.)

Overall, your setup looks good! You are almost there, Troop! :td: :thumbsup:

III.) BACKPACK:

a.) Details -- CHECK
b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Nice pack! Quartermaster's Packs are always great to see! Nothing more to say here. :td: :thumbsup:

** CHECKED & CLEARED **

IV.) WEAPON(S): DLT-19

a.) Details -- CHECK
b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Great looking Hyperfirm! :yes:

** CHECKED & CLEARED **

D.O. REVIEW STILL CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, sorry for the disappearing act there. I've been wrapped up at work, its the busy season with everyone getting sick and all (Healthcare worker). Also, I've been putting together a TX kit with a new garrison member, been eating up all my time to work on my own projects. I'm gonna trim up my belt this weekend and order some new pouches real soon. I'll have that neck seal pic retaken at a troop this weekend too. That silly strap is most troublesome ;)

Thanks for posts and not forgetting about me, I certainly haven't forgotten the MEPD or what I need to do to get moving along. Thanks again, will have pics REAL soon.