Question about Bapty and co.

Felice

Hey friends,

i have an historical question: we all know, why they have to build the bapty blaster (because of the gun law in Tunesia and so on). BUT: why was the look of the other weapons, like the DLT, near the original (MG34)? was the size of the gun the crucial factor?

Thanks my sis and bros!

Cheers,

Felix

Question with a question? What were the gun laws in Tunesia in 1976?

I don't know why they had to build the bapty blaster, but I don't think it was the gun laws back then. Most countries were still very laxed back then. Just saying

"They were fabricated to allow the production to take Storm Trooper blasters out to the shooting locations, avoiding the difficulties of exporting and re-importing live firing weapons" http://www.propstore.com/cms/star-wars-original-stormtrooper-blaster/

So, thats the only information i have. It can be wrong, but for me it makes sense.

So many changes for the sterling and just some custom components for the DLT....?

And the other point is: they had to reduce the production costs...for me it's more difficult to change the sterling into a bapty then into a "normal" E11.

Please don´t forget the the MG15, the MG34 and surely the Lewis (even if not seen) did not have any barrels as well.

They possibly also removed other internal parts to make these non-firing weapons.

Still does not explain why they added cast parts to the E-11´s and didn´t simply do the same mods to the L2A3...

Markus

Hi Markus, all blasters had barrels. They just add some t-tracks, for example on the DLT19.

The Lewis looks really real in my eyes. Only the E11 is more modified then the others. It's also possible that we just have the detail pics from the bapty and not from the rest...i don't know:-(

• 2 weeks later...

I contradict ;)

FIRST...take a look at the two MG15´s to the left...NO barrels!

My comment about the MG34 and the Lewis was an assumption based on that (I never claimed the Lewis not to be "real", just that Bapty might have removed the barrel).

tatooine-cantina-sandtrooper-landspeeder

SECOND...take a closer look at the business end of this stunt E-11.

No barrel retaining screws! This doesn´t neccessarily mean that there´s no -dummy- barrel, but there is no proof of a barrel either (even if there seems to be "something" in the receiver tube).

e11_anh_orig.jpg

Markus

Alright Markus, there is no barrel in the MG15 and i think you are right, that there is no barrel in the E11"bapty".

So the answer is that we have just close ups of the bapty. The other blasters should be the same extra modifications for the tunesian scenes...;-)

...So the answer is that we have just close ups of the bapty. The other blasters should be the same extra modifications for the tunesian scenes...;-)

Sorry Felice, I don´t understand!?

MG15´s - fact: no barrels

L2A3´s - assumption: no -real- barrels, based on the fact that the stunt E-11 don´t have barrel retaining screws.

Lewis - assumption: no barrel (we only see the barrel jacket/ receiver)?

MG34´s - ?

...what are these extra modifications of the other blasters you´re writing about?

Markus

Hi Markus,

I mean that the only modification we see of the other blasters (dlt, mg, etc) is the missing barrel. The bapty in contrast has the missing barrel, an other grip, no trigger, an other trigger guard, a closed slider for the bolt lever etc.

So i think, that the other blasters must have some more modifications too but we don't see them.

Sometimes my english isn't good enough for long open fire disussions. So i'm sorry Markus for some misunderstandings on my side.

Cheers and have a good time,

Felix

No at problem at all...no native english speaker myself ;)

You got me confused with your comment about the modifications of "the bapty" blaster, where you were actually referring to just the E-11(´s). ALL blasters were done by Bapty, so your post was a bit misleading...

Markus

Ah ok.

My only ressource is the propstore articel of the e11 offer and the history behind this blaster. I knew that the bapty company produce movie props and espacially this blaster....i didn't know that they were making all e11.

Now it's fine and a mistery ( like so many:))

Cheers my friend,

Felix