Armor noob seeking guidance

Snickers

Hey all,

I just obtained a set of untrimmed armor (it's a decent pull from TE molds) and is pulled from HIPS. This is my first armor kit, so any starting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any comments and I do apologize if this is in the wrong topic.

Personally I would say that the greatest starting advice (which I never got) would be to research. I guess that you heard it but research everything and be sure to measure twice and double check everything before doing anything. This way you will get a painless build without having to replace a part or whatever. You should also ask plenty of questions, we are all here to help you achieve the best possible armor ;)

Good luck with the build and may the force be with you!

Outline your cuts with pencil, score lightly with a utility knife, and then deepen your cuts until you can snap apart. Practice on scrap until you get the feel of it. If you scuff up your armor, consider it early weathering. Enjoy!!!

1. first measure everything twice before cutting anything.

2. use a #2 pencil to mark lines where you will INTEND on cutting before cutting...trying to cut freehand is pure insanity!!!! refer to rule #1

3. read read read and read more then ask question or find a mentor that will help on the more difficult decisions.

4. dry fit pieces before glueing or riveting things together. use Frog tape/masking to rough join pieces before gluing, it won't leave an adhesive residue on your armour. If for some wild reason it would, just rub your finger on the residue it comes right off with a little effort. Same for the pencil marks, "hey, i didn't need that guideline that far down the thigh" a paper towel and some windex cleans it right off!

Also find Pandatrooper tutorials on youtube. awe heck here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIv50-vOalA there is 3 parts to the weathering tutorial. it is so much easier to do it this way!

Also Dave's Garage on youtube is a good visual guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40WgoPWn1nE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL135549203480F75D there is 12 episodes and has a ton of helpful points to follow when building armour. I know the video is for building a TK not a TD but it guides you and his build is HIPS armour and should help!

ok lastly, if you want to know how to dload from youtube WITHOUT installing other software I know a trick I can tell you. Just PM me and I'll give you the easiest way FREE!!!

ok so that is a good start for now!

if you need anything else just click your heels together 3 times and say "theres no place like Tatooine!!!"

Stay Frosty

Archer