New NE Run nearing completion

Tyranus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As posted on the other NE thread:

Let me be very clear on one issue . . . I am the face of the maker, and have been the face of the maker for almost 13 years, but I am not the maker. I have been the public face of someone who prefers to be out of the main picture and spotlight.

I am assured from that maker and friend (the same maker you refer to as being the most scrupulous in the game - the maker of FX and AM) that there are no recast parts in the NE kit. New sculpts were made for each piece utilizing available images and information from existing screen-used kits in an effort to give people what they wanted, which was a kit that was more screen accurate than the FX or AM kit. Accuracy became an issue for the maker because it increasingly became an 'want' from the troops.

If someone says "Make me a Rolls Royce", and we produce one, and then they say "It looks too much like a Rolls Royce", it leaves us a little baffled. We're just trying to please people with the product.

With that said, to settle the obviously ruffled feathers, the replacement of some pieces (not the helmet faceplate) is a possibility in future runs, perhaps by reverting them to AM pieces.

IF that were to happen, which pieces would you like to see exchanged?

• 1 month later...

If AM armor were re-introduced, but with the new NE helmet, and correctly-sized NE upper back plate and chest plate, would that make everyone happier?

My first order of business, as anyone who has ever dealt with me knows, is to take care of the wants and needs of my buyers. I'm tired of fighting the attacks on the new design.

This solution retains the larger armor with trim-to-fit sections for larger troopers, while also keeping the more accurate helmet and chest/upper back pieces that AM was criticized for.

Please let me know what you think of this idea.

I am not in favor of recasting...

And I have a great respect for the work of people who build molds from scratch...

But also, I am very aware that as a group, the 501st Legion won't step into the recasting debate with makers in one or the other side. Nor the MEPD can do anything about it officially.

Lots of makers seem to sell they recast or original builds with no problem when discrete. But they get into trouble when openly sell their armor. So I would suggest, why not take your selling to the private side, no public offering, no threads.

One thing that I must check with the Rick and the command staff here is, I think this thread is off limits here. Cause we do not allow armor selling in runs openly in any 501st forums... at least we should not.

We did ask SID and Mike to take their selling to the private messages or wherever they thought was best, not the open forums.

Also, makers are allowed to promote their products or services if asked, but not push or announce runs... even Rick promotes his packs in a very discrete way. More promoted by users and clients than by himself.

If you wish to keep open this thread, please just stay on topics like mould's origin, making, updates, upgrades, modifications, and even productios times and news, but do not announce it as a run, promote products or mention prices.

I might have to delete posts referring to open sales or armor. Prior to or following this post.

I admit that since we don't have much drama or problems over here, as forum mods we are a bit slow with polemic threads and posts, but we do like to be fair to all. No maker can promote their runs, all makers can talk about building their armor.

Hope you understand.

Saludos.

Juan

PS. Just to make it clear, this is for ARMOR runs. Runs of any other kind of products are ok.