• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but where does one use split rivets on the costume? I'm going to be doing upgrades and I'm researching what I need. Thanks.

TK2311,

No problems. For higher level accuracy:

8 mm split rivets are used to connect the ab and kidney plate on the left side. They are also used on the cod armor piece, so a total of 7 split rivets; 6 for the ab/kidney plate and 1 for the cod piece.

The right thigh ammo pack uses two 7.4mm cap rivets.

Robert that would work but usually I use a standard rivet with a washer behind for that one. The split rivets are hard it install at that location usually.

Crud, I just ordered the rivets from Trooperbay. Are those the standard rivet you speak of or are those split rivets as well. All I really know are pop rivets.

Thanks for the clarification. So if my ab and kidney plates don't come together, than is this where the shim comes into play? If so, the shim get s connected to the ab and kidney plates via these rivets?

• 2 weeks later...

The ones in the top link are not accurate and there are no rivets showing in the second link.

The accurate rivets are brass with 6mm legs and use M4 brass washers (which I have by the way). There are 3 per side on the left hand side of the abdomen and kidney plates. The last rivet is used in the crotch making 7 in total. No other split rivets anywhere on the armour.