Ty's Hasbro E-11

Turtle

I have a DoopyDoos MK2 conversion in transite, but until then it was time to play with what I got.

Everyone has seen these stock so I will skip ahead. First I hollowed out the rail, cut the scope up, gutted the interior, glued it back together and tested some paint.

_MG_6256small_zps8ffa37f9.jpg

_MG_6260small_zps39a62314.jpg

_MG_6257small_zps9829eda9.jpg

_MG_6259small_zpsb33ccef1.jpg

Then I started to modify the trigger guard.

_MG_6258small_zpsd485f3b9.jpg

Then I cut the handle extension off the back.

_MG_6262small_zps1fa58155.jpg

_MG_6261small_zpsfce275eb.jpg

Then the back end fell off.

_MG_6263small_zps0339bf0b.jpg

So I had to glue that back on.

_MG_6264small_zpsdd8d19b1.jpg

Then the front fell off.

_MG_6265small_zps7ea37108.jpg

So I had to glue that back on too.

_MG_6266small_zps255c2866.jpg

After that I put some filler on all the screw holes, filled the handle mesh and started to reshape the handle.

I'm going to let the filler sit for a little while then get back on this.

By no means is this going to be perfect, but should be a little closer to a E-11.

Thanks guys. I am not 100% sure what I am doing, but sure am having fun with it. :woot:

I have been working a little on this the last couple of days, filling, sanding and filing. Its starting to come back together.

Started adding the new holes, they still need filing and smoothing out, but getting closer. I also filed down the barrel, I decided it would just be easier to remake all of the T track. I also have been working on the front site a little.

_MG_6814small_zps1c46d235.jpg

_MG_6821small_zpsc41ee297.jpg

_MG_6822small_zps0577f5f2.jpg

Then I started patching the holes I made.

_MG_6815small_zpsb9103489.jpg

_MG_6816small_zpscc2aba47.jpg

Then I hollowed out the barrel. I know the real gun has a barrel that goes down the center. I'm not sure if the E-11 does, right now I just assume it is still in there. So anyway one will most likely be going in this one... I will most likely use a dowel rod, but drill it out to drop a little weight.

_MG_6824small_zps0390111c.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting guys it is much appreciate. Especially if I am off track anywhere with this build.

A little bit more progress.

The Doopydoos kit came in and I started putting that on, but because of the modified barrel length I have to make some alterations.

_MG_6899small_zps051f71b3.jpg

So the first thing I did was use the existing T track to make one long piece and since I cut a bunch off the Hasbro model I needed a bunch of it. So I used the modified length one to make a mold and made 5 new ones out of resin. I know some of these will have to be cut down, but thats easier then making them from scratch.

_MG_6901small_zpsd47ce19f.jpg

More sanding and making pieces to fill the gaps. I also realized after looking at the photos that I forgot to stagger the lower holes, Oh well, I will figure that out soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I forgot to shoot photos of the rest of the journey, but long story short, sand, fill, sand, glue, repeat.

I know there is more I can do to make this more accurate and smoother, but I lost some steam after other parts started showing up. So I decided to wrap it up today with the intention of possibly revisiting this someday in the future. Or sooner, looking at the photos the patch on the butt stock (name?) is not looking so hot. :6:

I sprayed it metallic aluminum, then satin black over the top followed by a dull coat and some scraping with a knife and Tamiya weathering kits. I wasn't going to use a dull coat, but the Satin black ended up being a high gloss and it really need mellowing out.

_MG_6920small_zpsf726b555.jpg

_MG_6921small_zpsd585ff30.jpg

_MG_6922small_zps41d8b771.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments.