Ty's Dirty pouches & Pauldron & Boots

Hello everyone! First post and I am very excited. :woot:

So I received some pouches from ebay the other day that looked like this, minus the paint drips.

_MG_6238-2small_zps97a6f1a4.jpg

I cut the small pouch off and reattached it, painted them black with Eco Flo black for leather.

The I used 220 grit sand paper and Tamiya weathering kit A, sprinkled and rubbed it on to get in the seams and everywhere else. Plus I threw them around rubbed them on each other and this is what I got.

_MG_6249small_zpsb5b546a0.jpg

_MG_6251small_zpsdfa802c5.jpg

_MG_6250small_zps5f6448eb.jpg

For the time being I just filled them with cotton batting until I can cut some wood, find some foam or make something out of styrene.

Let me know what you guys think and if I need to make any changes.

Thanks for the help!

-Ty

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

A little more progress.

I added some square foam to the inside which I think helps the look, not perfect, but nice and light.

It also seemed that the flaps were too tall, so I pulled the seam on the back, shortened it and but it back on.

_MG_6907small_zpsd97f6519.jpg

_MG_6905small_zps7ad7c0f4.jpg

Then I got some of Anthony's (Blaster 8266) leather MP40 pouches. Really nicely made, but much too clean. So I scuffed them up and added some imitation dirty.

_MG_6908small_zpsbd4ddb75.jpg

And since this is associated with the pouches I had the wife make me a belt. She got a big high five for this one. :yes:

_MG_6910small_zps63ab72f6.jpg

I'm going to paint the foam in the canvas pouches and I think that wraps it up.

Thanks for looking and any suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, a little thread title modification and a place to put the Pauldron photos. :woot:

I snagged a Trooperbay Pauldron a little while ago. For me Trooper1 and Trooperbay were a toss up, both looked to be great products, but the immediate availability of the Trooperbay was a selling point this time around.

So here is what I got.

_MG_6897small_zps82671044.jpg

As some of you may notice there was a little issue, one of the seems was forgotten at some point. So I hit up Mike at Trooperbay and he gave me several options with what to do about it. Great customer service and I opted to keep it and he gave me a healthy discount for my trouble. I was going to take it to a shop, but decided I would try to fix it myself. Surprisingly it wasn't to difficult and it was time to start weathering.

Here is were I got too so far. I might modify the weathering a little after checking some more references on the move along trooper.

_MG_6926small_zpsac833535.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments or suggestions you may have.