Is TE2 the way to go?

DavinFelth

So as my recent discussions have stated I am trying to figure out what armor i should get and i have done even more digging on the matter and TrooperMaster is still an option but i also came upon the subject of TE2. So is TE2 the way to go because i have noticed that is one of the most used armors for sandtroopers but what i am unsure about is the mold that it is derived from. so does it come from a ROTJ mold or an actual ANH or what. So what armor actually is the best? or is TE2 the best and if it is where can i find TE2?

Tony (TE2) is no longer producing armour or helmets. Some people recasted his stuff and he retired the moulds soon after. This is a massive shame for the hobby and the recasters ruined it for sooo many.

The only way to get TE2 nowadays is to buy it second hand from a member who's selling.

TE2 is/was excellent armour.

There are some great sets of armor out there. My suggestion would be to continue to read about the pros and cons of the types of armor as well as the materials they use. Some are better for trooping and others are better for display or minimal wear. Also take into consideration your level of building experience since some sets require a more experienced builder to get the desired results

Well I am just trying to get something that doesn't have a huge helmet and is reasonably priced. And i am trying to figure out if everyone here has it out of preference or what not. So the big question is if i can get my hands on a set should i buy that or something else.

Well I am just trying to get something that doesn't have a huge helmet and is reasonably priced. And i am trying to figure out if everyone here has it out of preference or what not. So the big question is if i can get my hands on a set should i buy that or something else.

Armors with accurate or close to accurate helmets are:

TM

RS

AP

ATA

TE

TE2

MTK

Cap

GINO*

Armos with not accurate helmet are FX, AM...

Armos with accurate-ish helmet is RT-mod

but...

I dont think you will be able to get a TE or TE2 kit easily and in a fair price.

TE2 is not made anymore and TE is a seller to avoid. Second hands of both kits are sometimes made available by forums users.

Accurate armor but top of the line in price range too are TM and RS.

RS casted from many parts of an original Sandtrooper armor.

TM is a fan sculped but probably more accurate shape wise than any other kit available.

These are the best options out there for sure.

Very good option price/quality is ATA in ABS

MTK is also good price/quality

Both kits are casts or derived from TE moulds after a few or more than a few generations.

Cap is also good but I think it is only made in HIPS, but I might be wrong.

Anyway, it is a good option too! (My TE2 is also HIPS).

AP is also derived from TE and a bit more pricey than ATA, but a very good option too. A little smaller moulds but you can make it fit similar builds than all TE derived armor.

GINO* armor is very scarce and pricey and even if claimed to be casted from the inside of an original armor, it still needs to be proven to be that. Most likely, it is TE derived, but no mould damage/repairs... Not really an realistic option.

*long story, no need to ask, just use the search engine here or over the FISD.

That would sum it up.

If you need more info, use the search engine.

Also, you could go here:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7240

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

or even here:

www.starwarshelmets.com

And most important, avoid all ebay armor.

Saludos.

the best 2 armourers you will come across now,are RS and TM mate!

unless its R.O.T.J. armour your after,then its C.F.O.! :thumbsup:

it figures.....all of them are on your side.......we got slave5 and woodchuck!!!!!

I love My RS but to be honest one day I will buy a TM and build that one .. just to see which one i like the best.

I heard in the past it dosen't matter which one you have as long as you make it fit right and look the part but i could be wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say the RS Props Buckets are the best I have seen so far. The price is high but way worth it! Just look at Alan's picture on his post above! Epic detail! Here is my TE2 I got from Lou last year,

yxof.jpg