DavinFelth

Hi I am new to the world of trooping and the idea sounds fun and i would like to get started but the only issue is that i am not sure what type of armor i should get. I have narrowed it down to what sounds like the two best ones, which are AuthenticProps and TrooperMaster. I heard AuthenticProps is pretty detailed, but something looks wrong with the right eyelet, and apparently it is a bit smaller then the actual movie armor from what i have read. I have also heard that TrooperMaster armor is like the Cadillac of stormtrooper armors and i haven't really heard a negative thing about it only that it is really good and detailed as well as being a great set if you can get your hands on one. Right now it looks like i want to get TrooperMaster armor, but i need help to find out which is the best.

WHEN ANSWERING THIS PLEASE PROVIDE DETAILS PERTAINING TO THE QUESTION AND THEN YOU RECOMMENDATION. THANK YOU. =)

Davin, there is a thread on whitearmor.net about RS and Troopermaster, as well as other armorers such as Authenticprops. I have an unbuilt AP set in my garage that I decided to forgo in favor of a Troopermaster for both my son and I. Right now I am building my first TM, my son's. My garrison mate with more experience likes the TM a great deal.

Please refer to the whitearmor thread at http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25018-compare-tm-rs-and-ata-armor/ for further, more in depth description on the TM method and development from people with more experience. Suffice it to say I find that TM parts match better and are more symmetric, but that I wouldn't mind building up my AP otherwise. TM also provides good customer service and is responsive.

That thread also addresses some AP further in the thread and has actual photos for comparison. You will also note from some threads that TM may not be as bumpy as the original suits. I find both the AP and TM to be relatively smooth, which doesn't bother me. The details on the TM are nice.

Wait time on a TM? Not really that long. That is all this novice has to say. Later.

The thing with choice of armor depends on several factors.

How big is your wallet and what is your ultimate goal? Getting a sandtrooper armor, getting deployed with it, maybe S.W.A.T. status?

All these things need be be taken in consideration as well.

As Scott mentioned already there is a topic on the RS armor. This is being made from a screen used armor in comparancance to TM which is fan made but is an awesome armor to have.

The original armor is more curved and has more impurities like small dents or bumps compared to cleaned up versions of the armor. This is can be a tough nut to crack when it comes down to building the armor. But it's the best out there and that's my personal opinion.

The AP is smaller compared to other top armors, this can become an issue if you are a big guy.

My advice would be, read up on all the builds here that have been done by several members here of all the different armors.

Then make a decision which way you want to go.

And if you still have questions, just ask..we are more than happy to help you out.

:td::salute:

I would go with TM.

Why?

Have never seen an AP in person, but as a TE derived suit, it is reversed engineered from ROTJ/Tour armor, and then modified from the original (re)cast to make it AP and not TE.

TM probably the most accurate ANH armor, even if not derived from original suits. Yes, it is not bumpy and lumpy as the RS or, but neither is AP.

Saludos.

I have an Authentic Props and an RS (which I would guesstimate is more liken to the Troopermaster in size) I personally do NOT like the Authentic props armor, redundant lower leg pieces, tiny helmet, etc. It would fit great on a guy 5'-9" at 150 lbs but at 5-10" 175 it isn't my fav. RS and TM are going to be most screen accurate for sandtrooper.

Guest Locitus

Sounds good i have heard a lot of great ideas so now it seems like it is between TrooperMaster and RS. So lets discuss. Which of those is better because, as i previously stated the Ym sound good, but i also heard that the RS is modeled after the original ANH armor and is signed for by the sculptor of the original stormtrooper armor. Also feel free to add your own opinion.

How about you start doing some more reading instead of asking things that have already been discussed time and time again?

You can't go wrong with either mate.Both are awesome. It just depends on whether you want armor cast (with a few flaws)from the original or armor sculpted like the original.if I were you though I would wait for the EFX. If you fit in its size range that is. But it will be the final word in armor by the looks of it.

Guest Locitus

What do you mean i thought FX was terrible and un-proportional in bucket size.

eFX and FX are two different armours. The eFX isn't released yet, and we don't know when either. But it will have origins from an original suit.

Guest Locitus

So eFX is going to be the most screen accurate one to get?

In a way. It will have the most parts cast from an original suit. But it's made as a statue on a mannequin, not as a kit to be assembled or even worn. It's not part of their license with Lucasfilm. You can take it off of the mannequin and possibly wear it if you can fit inside it, but it's not (officially) intended to be worn. It will also only come in TK Hero style (and as you should know by now, sandtroopers only wore stunt helmets). It will likely also cost a lot more than a RS or TM kit.