Neck Seals (The One on your neck not the helmet seal)

I have been scouring the forums but it seems alot fo the neck seal discussions have pictures that are not showing up now or links to people who no longer make them. Can anyone tell me a better idea of what you need to look for? I read the CRL and have looked at pictures but I'm just lost on this one. Is there someone on MEPD that makes Officer or SWAT Grade ones?

To be honest. No one right now makes an accurate neck seal. Hate to bust a bubble. Well except the new EFX prop armor coming out.

Why?

Because the real neck seals were not cloth, they were leather or pleather. Sewn together with a certain number of ribs. One member on white armor years ago from Europe used to make them, and I purchased one. At that time he asked me to start making them but I had no time. I plan on making them next year though. Just cannot start them until I catch up on Pauldrons, which is not looking good right now. Lol

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 10/3/2013 at 7:26 AM, trooper1 said:

To be honest. No one right now makes an accurate neck seal. Hate to bust a bubble. Well except the new EFX prop armor coming out.

Why?

Because the real neck seals were not cloth, they were leather or pleather. Sewn together with a certain number of ribs. One member on white armor years ago from Europe used to make them, and I purchased one. At that time he asked me to start making them but I had no time. I plan on making them next year though. Just cannot start them until I catch up on Pauldrons, which is not looking good right now. Lol

Yes indeed, I have one as well. And also have the plans to make them and the materials. It's just time.Yes indeed, I have one as well. And also have the plans to make them and the materials. It's just time.

Is it just me or is there a run coming.....        :peace:

Maybe we should open a new thread discussing the known details to make this neck seal as accurate as possible?!?

Most available seals till today had the wrong design. Mostly only focussed on the ribbed section but ignoring the torso part. It should have a long bib, reaching down to the belly as shown by EFX.

4-CE3-CFA0-3-F57-4871-8-E9-D-D40-B2-BB26