HeloTrooper

Name: Andy Meshel
Legion ID #: TD-5224
Forum Name: HeloTrooper
Garrison: Dune Sea Garrison
Trooper Emulated: Captain - Road Block Version

70cb7f93-824c-42ba-92f8-18400f423ac8_zps

DSCN1847_zpse7188062.jpg

Member must currently be deployed as an MEPD Police Officer to be considered. - yes

Weathering must be appropriate to screen used armor. Too little or too much weathering will not be allowed. - yes

Pack, pauldron, and weapon combinations must match a specific trooper a seen on screen. - yes

Pauldrons must be of the accurate “puffy” variety. Older style/flat and brightly/off color pauldrons are not allowed.

DSCN1878_zps85721f56.jpg

pauldron1_zps01c94463.jpg

pauldron2_zps8538f319.jpg

IMG_1530_zps38d804b2.jpg

IMG_1534_zpsd02194bb.jpg

Pauldron, Take 3 (post-additional weathering)

IMG_1576_zps29ce70ea.jpg

Packs must have the appropriate details for the specific trooper which is being referenced.

DSCN1897_zps7b86a9b9.jpg

DSCN1895_zpse0472ff0.jpg

DSCN1896_zpsd7c93a67.jpg

DSCN1898_zpsed52c655.jpg

DSCN1894_zps3d703d5f.jpg

Adjusted placement of the mortar keypad, addition of the drilled hole

IMG_1546_zps09fae7a6.jpg

IMG_1544_zps4472c3a5.jpg

Tape details on top of the cistern (pre-weathering for verification)

IMG_1554_zps52feb730.jpg

Siphon tape, Take 2 (post-layering to thicken tape application)

IMG_1594_zps5cef68b0.jpg

Battle damaged tape on the seed tray (pre-weathering for verification)

IMG_1552_zps53368404.jpg

IMG_1551_zps19b13e79.jpg

Battle damaged tape on the seed tray, Version 2 (pre-weathering for verification)

IMG_1560_zps25e864f9.jpg

IMG_1558_zps699675f4.jpg

Pouches must be of the correct construction, color, and materials as reference trooper.

DSCN1890_zps6d252237.jpg

Rubber gloves.
Latex or silicone (i.e., “soft”) hand plates.

DSCN1876_zpsbf26efc2.jpg

DSCN1856_zps95fc3259.jpg

Rivets on the left side of the ab/kidney plates: a total of six rivets with three on the ab and three on the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

DSCN1906_zps7fdde398.jpg

One snap on the top right hand side oft he ab plate: back of male side of snap should show on outside of ab plate.

DSCN1902_zpsa0dd29a7.jpg

Visible fasteners under crotch area. Two (or 3) male snaps in the back and one split rivet or brad in the front. (not required to be functional)

DSCN1910_zpsfb368640.jpg

Boots must be screen accurate in color and make; they cannot have a seam on the front.

DSCN1893_zps0b0c5849.jpg

DSCN1892_zps513dbe3e.jpg

FXhelmets, MRCE and/or ANHv2 helmets are not allowed.

DSCN1865_zpsa9b27326.jpg

DSCN1886_zpsd2302f3a.jpg

DSCN1887_zpsd90a7445.jpg

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

DSCN1879_zpsf94234c6.jpg

DSCN1880_zpsfeeb7bd3.jpg

DSCN1883_zpsd5b553f3.jpg

E-11 w/counter

DSCN1108_zps9e30e5cb.jpg

DSCN1119_zpsd194ab69.jpg

DSCN1844_zpsd8bd0a3b.jpg

Supplemental pics as requested (note the fly on the pauldron is NOT permanent)

DSCN1795_zpsf0f01c2b.jpg

DSCN1803_zps361f2373.jpg

DSCN1823_zps69871a7a.jpg

DSCN1828_zpsd3f3d95c.jpg

DSCN1813_zpsc3d336de.jpg

DSCN1814_zpsf895abb7.jpg

DSCN1820_zpsdc434eaf.jpg

Supplementary images

Tape on right shoulder bell

IMG_1586_zpscacad8e7.jpg

Right thigh "notch"

IMG_1571_zps99c237ce.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a great build Andy, you should really be proud of it :yes:

The only things I can add is that the brow trim seems to be just a tad too far down. If you check the screen caps MATs brow rises up even higher on the right (his left) while yours seems to go straight (hope you see what i mean). I also noticed what (I believe it was) Dirty Boy corrected on the latest SWAT build and that would be if you could just make the piece of tape on the seed tray a bit more damaged and creasy (There are is a great screencap of this in the other post) I don't believe it is necessary but it will improve the pack further. When mentioning tape I realise that there are no clear pics of the tape detail on the right bicep so I can't determine if you have it or not but if you haven't i don't think that it is necessary either. I also believe the pauldron is a bit to clean, it might just be the light (or me) so don't go and weather it before a more reliable source says so ;)

And again great build :thumbsup:

I looked through the pictures again and see that you haven't got the crack on the left (his right) chin. I believe that could be a problem since it is quite characteristic for MAT. Again it truly is a great build :thumbsup:

Looks fine!

Just some missing details...on the syphon are two little black stripes. For example (this isn't aswat ready pack and another version) like this

Posted Image

Also the little hole above the control panel is missing (and the panel seems to be too high)

Posted Image

And you need a lap pipe

Posted Image

At this pic you will see the tape on the right shoulder

http://looksirdroids...oper_hd_059.htm

Yeah, the swat road isn't easy but at the end you'll get a drink in the cantina:-)

and i would say that you have to do some more pictures, like the "normal" deployment shots (left side, right side and so on) and some detail shots, for example the shoulder straps;-)

@ Andy - Great armor and gear setup!

The approved details will be noted/suggested in your official review. Fortunately, this process shouldn't take too long. But, we will be checking your gear thoroughly. Each new SWAT member gets looked at even more so from the previous trooper and the bar gets raised even higher. You are definitely on the right track though. :thumbsup:

Quick note: As on the # 3 packs of the SWAT Officers (Move Along) before you, the Lab Pipe isn't present. It is seen on the Cantina Captain # 3 Pack, Captain (Door To Door Droid Search) and Desert White Pauldron # 3 Pack (to name a few) in regards to this pack version.

First Review post later today... :td:

Yes you dont need the lap pipe as move along trooper. But you need a Hengstler for your Blaster and if you are verry correct you can remove the D ring and trigger, all tunesia used baster were without.

Looks very good man. Great looking Build. Hope your able to get through the suspense and the scrutiny and make any minor detail changes so you can join the Elite SWAT Squad. One thing about coming to the SWAT section. It really makes me think about my build and How I will do it. Plus with all the scrutiny and the pictures most of these are almost better to look at than the HD screenshots of the movie for refernces. They give very good ideas for rivet placement , Brow Height, weaponary and more. Good Luck!! :td:

@ Andy - Great armor and gear setup!

The approved details will be noted/suggested in your official review. Fortunately, this process shouldn't take too long. But, we will be checking your gear thoroughly. Each new SWAT member gets looked at even more so from the previous trooper and the bar gets raised even higher. You are definitely on the right track though. :thumbsup:

Quick note: As on the # 3 packs of the SWAT Officers (Move Along) before you, the Lab Pipe isn't present. It is seen on the Cantina Captain # 3 Pack, Captain (Door To Door Droid Search) and Desert White Pauldron # 3 Pack (to name a few) in regards to this pack version.

First Review post later today... :td:

this is kind of a grey area when it comes to the lab pipe....the pack definitely has it pre damage/tape but cannot be verified so as of right now its not required. i went back and double checked my reference material and couldnt find anything to support the additional requirement. hope that helps :)

@ Rick - Thanks for the info, Boss! I knew that this was a topic of discussion a couple of years back, but agree that with the lack of hard evidence in regards to the M.A.T., it's a good idea to have the detail optional. :thumbsup:

@ Andy - I agree with Rick. I hope this helps, Brother! :td::yes:

Ok, Andy...your time has come. :td::thumbsup:

Thank you for your interest in joining the Elite and submitting your request for SWAT OFFICER Activation. Yours is another example of a Trooper that is ready to go from the gun. Very nice and kudos to you, Brother!

You have chosen a very popular TD for this process. But as we always say, it's great to see the many different interpretations!

During this process, there may be some mods that will need to be taken care of. Details that need to be even more fine tuned in comparison to past SWAT members. The bar is always being set higher.

As stated before, we always stress PATIENCE during this process as we pay more and more attention to fine tuning with each new SWAT applicant. The MEPD Senior Commanders and myself will give your armor / gear a full inspection and review. Some details may definitely be missed and re-checked, but we will try to catch them on every pass given until you are cleared and ready to join the Special Weapons & Tactics Team, Brother!

Let's begin...

MEPD SWAT OFFICER: APPLICATION REVIEW (PART 1)

Name: Andy Meshel

Legion ID #: TD-5224

Forum Name: HeloTrooper

Garrison: Dune Sea

** ANH SANDTROOPER SELECTED **: Roadblock Captain / "Move Along"

I.) HELMET:

a.) Green Lenses -- CHECK

b.) Paint Color on Traps / Tears -- CHECK

c.) Number Of Teeth -- CHECK

d.) Mic Tips -- CHECK

e.) Vocoder Color (Black) -- CHECK

f.) Tube Stripes -- CHECK

g.) Rank Bar -- CHECK

h.) Brow -- CHECK

i.) Side Screws (Ears): CHECK

j.) Weathering: CHECK

** Additional Comments --

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Fantastic helmet build! The weathering and detailing are top notch, as well! :td::thumbsup:

Nothing more from me on this section. Great job!

** CHECKED & CLEARED **

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER: (Comments Pending)

II.) Armor / Suit Details:

a.) Straps -- CHECK

b.) Neck Seal -- CHECK

c.) Black Undersuit -- CHECK

d.) Shoulder Bells -- CHECK

e.) Biceps -- CHECK

f.) Forearms -- CHECK

g.) Pauldron -- (SEE COMMENTS)

h.) Chest / Back Plate -- CHECK

I.) Kidney / Butt Plate -- CHECK

j.) Ab Plate / Side Rivets / Cod -- CHECK

k.) Thighs -- CHECK

l.) Shins / Calves -- CHECK

m.) Sniper Plate -- CHECK

n.) Boots -- CHECK

o.) Gloves -- CHECK

p.) Hand Plates / Guards -- CHECK

q.) Ammo Belt (Waist) w/ correct Angled Edge -- CHECK

r.) Ammo Belt (Right Knee) -- CHECK

s.) Canvas Belt -- CHECK

t.) Pouches -- CHECK

u.) Weathering -- CHECK

v.) Crotch Snaps -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

*Although you have posted pics in your Standard Deployment Application, we would still like to see the basic requirement shots for your SWAT Application as well. (Bucket On, Bucket Off. Left Side/ Right Side/ Rear, etc) Please keep in mind that these are 'first pass' review notes. This may be all of the flags or more mod requests may be posted later.*

You are close, my friend. So you can breathe a little easier. After I'm done, the Senior Commanders will be looking over your gear a few more times to make sure everything is noted and comments will be posted soon after. You are definitely on your way, Andy. Excellent job!

The pauldron details need a bit more work. Check the screen cap references again and try to match the appearance (i.e. darker 'circle' and a little more weathering.) It could also be the lighting most likely. If you have any other pics, please post those. You aren't too far off at all. VERY impressive work on your gear overall!

The Shoulder Bell 'Tape Detail' is more of an option because although there is a behind the scenes pic of it with...there is also one without. Plus you don't really see it onscreen. So your preference really. (It won't hurt, but it will definitely enhance the armor.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is also a 'tear' / notch in the top area of the right thigh that you can replicate. (See above pic with Luke)

As for your shoulder pouch, I'd still like to see you adjust the placement to match the onscreen look...

Posted Image

B.) EXECUTIVE OFFICER:(Comments Pending)

III.) BACKPACK: VERSION # 3 (Move Along)

a.) Details -- (SEE COMMENTS)

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

First off, outstanding pack. There are few mods that need to be taken care of though...

1.) Need to see a close up pic pf the top of your Cistern to see the Tape strip detail.

Here are some ref pics (before paint) from MonCal to use as a guide and for placement if you don't have it already...

Posted Image

Posted Image

2.) Need to see the 'Drilled Hole' detail pic on the mortar tube near the Detonator Plate. Please check the placement against the screen caps.

Posted Image

3.) Everything looks sharp, but would favor a longer 'stinger'. This will be an easy fix, no problem.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reference Pack # 3 Top Left: "Stinger" / Probably about 1/2" to an 1" longer than your present setup should do it

Posted Image

*4.) Lastly, this request will be suggested as was to a previous Trooper, and it will go a long way...see if you can match the 'beat up' look of the black tape on the bottom seed tray. Not mandatory (yet) but you will be the second applicant to attempt it. (You gotta love these details...) :thumbsup:

Posted ImagePosted Image

C.) COMMANDING OFFICER:

IV.) WEAPON: E-11

a.) Details -- CHECK

b..) Weathering -- CHECK

A.) DEPLOYMENT OFFICER:

Impressive looking blaster. Excellent details / parts. Great job with the missing 'counter detail'. Nothing more here. Great work!

** CHECKED & CLEARED **

** Nice armor again and worthy of the ranks of the SWAT Unit. A few easy mods and you will be marching with the Elite soon enough. Please be patient and this will all be over before you know it. Outstanding job, Andy!

Stand by...

It's what this detachment is all about....helping brothers out. So don't worry about the comment Felice....it may actually end up being required. We just can't confirm it's there based on the reference material currently available. Maybe we can do a frame by frame on the blue ray in hopes to solidify the answer