Changes To ALL Requirements

DirtyBoy

Now that I have you attention....I really want to congratulate everyone here on their amazing builds. All the submissions that are coming through are top notch and very apparent of the time that you have all spent reading, asking questions and desire to get it right. Mike "Scribbler" and I have talked many times on just how amazing the builds are and how quick troopers are moving to the next level. Back when I first started here many many years ago lol..... becoming a Police Officer or "Deployed as it was called then" took weeks or sometimes even months to be cleared. Now we have troopers becoming Police Officers in a matter of days. Even the troopers from back then have revisited their original builds and upgraded to todays standard. Thank you all for keeping this detachment the most accurate, friendly, helpful and encouraging in the legion. I salute you all :td:

Yes!!

Every time I go through new submissions, I get that feeilng of accomplishment as part of this Detachment.

This, and every other detachment in the legion was created with the unique purpose of bringing a specific costume or character to the next level.

I must say that I can see that more than in any other place here. We have come a long way...

And I can see us going even further with so many builds.

Submitting a SWAT armor for inspection and approval is something that takes a lot of courage... work and love to the santrooper armor. And even if that is a challenge that many people from other costumes would not dare go trough, I see here so many troopers doing it and much more talking about doing it eventually.

Deing deployed as Police Officer is a great achievement by itself, but we have made that "elite" program be the standard for the detachment. What other see as a very high standard, we see as the minimun requierements to reach. And not as a goal, but as a way of "being" a Sandtrooper. And that did not come easy.

I started more than a few years ago, people to look up to at that time were Seth B, Mike H, and of course Rolf. But, except for Rolf, most of their armors, which were considered the ultimate Sandtrooper armor, with all due respect, would have it difficult to pass Police Officer today. Not to mention SWAT. They started something big, and people here continued making it even bigger and better.

Rick, Noel, Rolf, Mike, Jay and so many others before them, have done this a great site, a great community, and the Greatest Detachment in the 501st.

Just a few days ago I wrote about this on the FISD... which is a great community as well, but I said that it was not for free that the Sandtroopers had a different detachment and forum. Cause I do really think that we are a different kind of troopers, and a different kind of people.

Even if we have different lives, different origins and even some other costumes, we all understand and see ourselves as Sandtroopers, and that is what we aim for and the pride we take in making and wearing our armor! Not only during troops, but during life!!!

With each new Police Officer, SWAT officer or just newby logging in, the Sandtrooper way grows and is passed to a newer generation!!!

What a great thing for a community and a group of people!!

Congrats to all new and old members... cause we all are Sandtroopers!!

Saludos

Now that I have you attention....I really want to congratulate everyone here on their amazing builds. All the submissions that are coming through are top notch and very apparent of the time that you have all spent reading, asking questions and desire to get it right. Mike "Scribbler" and I have talked many times on just how amazing the builds are and how quick troopers are moving to the next level. Back when I first started here many many years ago lol..... becoming a Police Officer or "Deployed as it was called then" took weeks or sometimes even months to be cleared. Now we have troopers becoming Police Officers in a matter of days. Even the troopers from back then have revisited their original builds and upgraded to todays standard. Thank you all for keeping this detachment the most accurate, friendly, helpful and encouraging in the legion. I salute you all :td:

Long live the best forum world wide aka the brotherhood of the sand :salute:

I love being apart of this detachment. I think the reason so many people are submitting great armor and trying for SWAT builds is because of the mutual respect and support that is displayed during the research and submission process. There is no jealsousy when people reach for these goals. The crticisim and comments are done in a positive and constrictive way.

I disagree with the comment that it takes courage to sumit a SWAT build. The to approval board and the membership could not be more supportive and helpful. Courage os not necessary with this system. Just time and desire.

We are aa great detachment for many reasons. And I am truly glad to be apart of it. Long live the MEPD, long live the Empire.

to be honest with you all guys the standards of builds today are incredible ,so much has happened here in just a couple of short years!..... the new guys that join the boards really study,research,and take on board the various tips given by the various members on here,and i must agree with darthgrace ,that undertaking and also submitting a SWAT build for consideration is not something that takes courage,as the levels of support here are immense,and to be honest,most new guys build their Police officer suits WAY above the current requirements now,and even add a few of the required SWAT mods,like the brads in side of ab,the popper in top corner of the ab,poppers on buttplate and brad on cod section from the start of their builds ,making their eventual move to SWAT less work ! :)

and thanks to the blu ray screen references we now have today ,there are more detailed points of reference to work from as well (a few years back we mainly worked from low res,poor quality screen shots) ,the level of weathering detailing has improved so much as well ! back when i got SWAT ,there were only myself and Dave Mars who had the heavily applied, single pigment Burnt/Raw umber weathering in our garrison ! - us two stood out like sore thumbs next to the others ! lol ;) (all the others were 3 pigment sand colours - which i must say,i am not opposed to in any way,as it is a matter of the individual troopers personal taste ) i remember,back then when we did this ,a lot of guys looked down on us,or slammed us for doing that look,but now ,it's a natural choice for near on everyone who starts a sandtrooper build ,everything has changed....attitudes to the original look,attention to detail,top notch builds from day 1 (eliminating costly re-working at a later stage in their builds) better reference material to work from,better ,newer makes of more screen accurate armour,easier sourcing of accurate pack parts and accessories etc; as i say ,a lot has happened here in a Very short space of time guys,and i salute each and every one of you guys for making this department the best ,most friendly, helpful ,and most SPECIAL detatchment in the 501st Legion !........,and the whole galaxy to be honest !

Respect Brothers !

:td::salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

We are the ones that are,have and always will be on top of being the most accurate detachment within the 501st.

We invented the brotherhood.......nuff said!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

What Dutchy said.

This is my second home, with my bros.

Man, I'm getting emotional.... And a little horny!