Considering a Backpack - How Heavy and Uncomfortable is it?

Hermanator

I'm considering building/buying a backpack, and I would like your advice on them. How heavy are they on average? How heavy is the lightest, still durable backpack? I know there are a lot of stipulations to this question, but please do not overthink it. I'd just like to get an idea on whether or not I would actually troop in it (and how long I would), if I were to get one. :)

What's your experience trooping with it?

Also, what is the best way to wear them? Hanging them with backpack straps on your undersuit, or wearing some sort of harness like Boba Fett's jetpack harness?

Thank you!

They weigh about 10lbs for an accurate version. They can be lightened up a little but you lose some detailing. Trooping. In a pack is fine and it's recommended to just use backpack straps...a harness would create a lot of unneeded work

Well... my 2 cents... My backpack straps were just nylon webbing. I dont recommend that approach. After 4 hours of Comic-Con chest and under arms were rubbed RAW. Comparision ever had "monkey butt"??? You know that red raw burning censation.. I couldnt wait to take the pack off. Later I attached a strap that went from one strap to the next and that worked pretty good. I suggest getting padded straps and that would probably make things tolerable.

You will back into and bump into alot of things and people too :)

Wearing a backpack for a few hours trooping will be harder than you will expect and you will be glad to be rid of it. When I troop Comic-Con now I dont wear a pack. Bummer though.. I miss my mp3 radio sound effects :)

I decided to build a TK and get a backpack. The "dirty boy" backpack looks like an accurate, good, lightweight, modular backpack. What are my other options on lightweight, accurate backpacks? Is dirty boy the de facto standard of pre-built packs?

Can I go wrong by getting one, if I want to go SWAT? Obviously, I need the right pack for the right character.