Got some dirt...

Coffintanker

Finally finished weathering the kit. Raw umber and a little black, a foam brush, sponge, and a rag. Gotta decide which way to go as far as the boots are concerned. Still need to get a pauldron (not sure which color yet) and some pouches...and of course a pack...whew!

Posted ImagePosted Image

The light washes out some of the weathering. Here's a close up of the lid, pre mic tips...all hand painted, no decals.

Posted Image

I'd like to try for Police Officer deployment so any advice you guys have is greatly appreciated...Thanks.

Looks really sweet bro....not too much, not too little. Cant wait to see that rig all together. :thumbsup:

Try some hair spray and fullers earth on the boots. Little grey and brown.

Should come out sweet. Just my $.03 :D

You go boy.. :dance: uhh :dance::headphone: yea !!

Thanks Al! I've had no luck finding fullers earth locally yet. I'm still looking though...

looking good danny,

got to say,your armour fits you really well,

nice one mate!!

also i used fullers earth and hairspray also,never had any probs with it coming off! :thumbsup:

Thank you Marcus, I still have a few tweaks to make it fit even better.

I'm hoping to get another pair of TKboots to have a dedicated pair for this rig and one for my TK rig when its complete.

At this point I haven't sprayed anything over the armor to seal the weathering. The kit is sprayed with a gloss white enamel, then the weathering on top of that. Anybody have any issues with sealing acrylic paint over enamel with hairspray or clear coat?

Looking really good bro!

Weathering looks great and the armor looks great!!

So... get the pack, pouches and pauldron and join us. Today we are having Bantha burgers at the bbq.

Saludos.

Thanks Juan. Actually, I stumbled across your blog almost a year ago while researching TK's and saw the photos of your TD kit...talk about inspiration!! That's when I knew I would need to have a TD kit as well. I constantly refer to those photos still. I'm following your Tantive TM build as well...Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Took a while, but here's where I am at the moment. Trying to come up with an independent harness to hold my shoulder pouch till I can afford a pack. I've tried two different methods that have worked but are not ideal. I don't want to attach it to the armor itself. I weathered my boots and pauldron using the same method I used on the suit (raw umber acrylic, sponge, and rag). Pouches were a mix of shoe polish and flat black spray paint.

Here are some pics:

d03efde5-2c44-4350-bbd4-5920bfbf3aff_zps

b3fc0b4c-d6ea-4a66-9e0f-f6e697f3f5b8_zps

b15eb281-8d05-437d-b0d7-cc14f0c1c6ae_zps

29d2f355-2328-4a4f-b8f3-741bf753081f_zps

Here's some recent pics of the kit (last night)...still needs some minor tweaking for comfort. Mainly my thigh garter system, it works great but bothers after a while. Still may have to adjust the strapping slightly on the chest, ab, and back.

Mobility is pretty good overall though...Working on a pipebuild E-11 as well (DVH).

3971fa73-bc42-498c-9df7-597e4d697b4f_zps

4daa0c82-22cf-408c-a31a-335746a1361f_zps