Recaster?

ground pounder

• 3 weeks later...

Can you guys explain the recasting thing to me?, does that mean someone took RS armor made molds off of it so they could cast it themselves? Also this probably sounds stupid but sent most of these recasts? I mean if someone recasted screen used armor it's still recast. Same with the guns. Unless you have a real demilitarized one even if it's a rubber or resin cast of a sterling , or mg34 or whatever. It's still a mold of something else. Only way I can see it not being that way is if sculpted by hand to look like these other pieces. Why do people care about it so much? Is it because it's copying a design that someone else is already selling to make money?

Can you guys explain the recasting thing to me?, does that mean someone took RS armor made molds off of it so they could cast it themselves? Also this probably sounds stupid but sent most of these recasts? I mean if someone recasted screen used armor it's still recast. Same with the guns. Unless you have a real demilitarized one even if it's a rubber or resin cast of a sterling , or mg34 or whatever. It's still a mold of something else. Only way I can see it not being that way is if sculpted by hand to look like these other pieces. Why do people care about it so much? Is it because it's copying a design that someone else is already selling to make money?

I understand your reaction Aron.

First of all it's about the hard work the original sculptor has put into it and that someone else is trying to lift on the success of it without giving the original sculptor the credits for it.

Many armors have been copied/ recasted and lot's of recasters deny that they recasted it and come up with louzy pics of them working on moulds and more bla bla..

I know everybody is free to do what he wants concerning recasting or buying recasted armor.

Bottom line is that you can't stop it...

One last example:

The Chinese have been copying our stuff since ages. But would you buy a Fony or a Sony..

If you have an answer on that then you have the answer why people can get very angry with recasters.

This makes since. But lets say I bought a commercial product from master replicas. Like their E-11 metal blaster that weighs a ton and is super expensive. So my buddies and I decide we want something lighter to troop with and not as rare / expensive. So we painstakingly create and cast molds off the master. Then use those to create some resin blasters to troop with. Would guys think that's bad? I mean real sterling's are very hard to find and mold. Or is it more like a Chinese guy buys an RS armor kit then recasts it and sells it on eBay for original work. And that's where guys draw the line.

I would be upset at someone casting my work without permission too. But I used the master replica e11 as an example cause they are obtainable here in the USA but most guys don't troop with them. And casting a mold to make resin replicas for yourself I wouldn't think of as terrible cause your not selling them for profit.

Just so we are aware i am only asking these questions to get an understanding of the communities thoughts on these things. I don't know anything about casting original molds. Nor would I ever recreate any if you guys work without consent to. Just trying to see what people actually have a problem with vs what is seen as ok

It's kind of a double standard. We don't really care about people ripping off the big companies like master replica or hasbro type of thing. In most cases when something like that is done the builder makes it more accurate and then sells it or uses themselves. Now say you did make a mold of an e11 and got all the details perfect, received tons of compliments and then had people asking you for them. So you started making them and selling them to fund your hobby. A couple months goes by and people are banging on your door cause you make the best one....at the same time another trooper who bought one of yours decides to recast what you did....now everyone is going to them because they are cheaper and the turnaround time is quicker. So all the work you've done is now in the hands of someone else without credit to you. Just a quick thought while I'm working but you get the idea I think

Guest Locitus

Cheaper and easier to buy a resin E-11 from someone that already has made moulds than to do them yourself. And going after a company that is out of business is okey by some, but certainly not all community members. It's thin ice and best be avoided.

Thanks for the explanations guys. I have a pretty good idea about this concept now. Needless to say I've bought most all my stuff from well established people right here on this site and plan to continue to do so. For one you guys make the best trooping gear for TDs Ive ever seen hands down. For two you guys are a bunch of great people. I am happy to part with some of my hard earned cash to help you guys out and in return I will have a kit that's hopefully very good to troop in and make it into the upper echelon of the Sandy world with you all.

Thanks for the explanations guys. I have a pretty good idea about this concept now. Needless to say I've bought most all my stuff from well established people right here on this site and plan to continue to do so. For one you guys make the best trooping gear for TDs Ive ever seen hands down. For two you guys are a bunch of great people. I am happy to part with some of my hard earned cash to help you guys out and in return I will have a kit that's hopefully very good to troop in and make it into the upper echelon of the Sandy world with you all.

:salute::td: