Newbie armor build

Hasty1975

Hey Everyone, I'm new to this and I'm muddling through my first ever build and I'm a little shocked with how little info was in the instructions. Can I get a little help critiquing my armor build if I post pictures? I just want to know if I've got it right before I trim my wrist and the backs of the inner and outer. A and B will be where I'm trimming the backside of my forearms, C will be the contour cut away from the wrist area. Also, how much "lip" am I supposed to leave on the inside of the inner and outer. Right now I've got about anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 of an inch all the way around the inside of the forearms. Wanted to know if I could file all that away or if there is some standard.

post-5587-0-99447200-1379291743_thumb.jp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you help me with ab close ups? What, if any, detail is on the ab plate of a sandy? I'm fairly the Stormtrooper plate that has the painted buttons isn't used correct? Also, on the calves, there is a lip on the inside of those parts as well. Should I leave the lip and just smooth out any sharp ends? Where is a good place to get a black body suit? I need one.

Whenever your in doubt you could always look at the "Request Centurion" threads on Whitearmor.net. There's lots of closeups there of all the armor pieces to give you an idea of how to trim the different parts. Of course, the deployment requests here also have lots of great closeups. A big part of building these kits for me is constantly referring to photos and research. I'm on my second one and it seems I'm still back and forth between trimming and referring to images and screen grabs. Anyways, I hope this helps.

Oh...as far as return edges go, you'll find that you may end up trimming them down further in certain areas once you wear your kit and try to move around. Especially at the tops of the calves and bottom of the thighs. These kits (in my experience) are a work in progress even after your "done". Every adjustment you make just makes the kit that much more gratifying and personal to you.

Post some pics of your progress and ask more questions...

Good luck!

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac247/Hasty1975/Biceps2_zps7b807b16.jpeg here is the other..... what you guys think? Gluing up forearms right now. They weren't glued up in the other pic and the angle made them look round, but they are both sort of egg shaped, one more than the other. Working on thighs and shins right now. Gluing strip on shins now..... Will post them tomorrow night..