Opi Wan´s Bapty No.2

opi wan

So, last weekend I started working on my second Bapty. Its really fun to build them and I hope me and my Bapty Brothers can inspire more MEPD members in building "the one and only" Sandtrooper E11 :) My first one will going to sale in a few days only here in the MEPD!

Tomorrow Im going to pick up a endcap from Felix. (Thank you man, you were my only hope :) I lost this stupid thing :)

I tryed to rebuild an m38a2 scope, its not totaly perferct, but its only the spacer til I found a real one!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greetings

Alex

Thank you dave!

Here are new pics.

@ Felix thank you for letting me copy your magazin clip and cap and thaks again for your blaster endcap that i lost :)

I Painted the first layer just Black and as you can see the frontpart of the blater with a mix of Vallejo Dark fleshtone and Gunmetal to emulate

the look of the Used Metal, the rest was just silver. After drying I made a little silver dry prushing on some edges of the brown metal and made one layer

clear varnish allover the Gun.Now I used sone colorstop everywhere I dont want do have black color.

The next was a trick of Felix, to get some texture for the black colore. I used Hammerite and after some minutes of drying I dappled ( I hope it is the right word )

allover the hammerite color. The rest was just panting black remover the colorstop and added some highly diluted parasite Brown to emulate a little corrosion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greeting Alex

:) we have to make an official "Bapty Club" here :)

SIGN!!!

I'm the next crazy Bapty guy...the parts are here in the box...I will start in next time :sweat:

At the brown places...like Felix wrote...overpaint this a bit with black paint or the hammerite black....it looks too artificial....but only a bit ;)

But all in all...really great work on the blaster...as usual :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

It really looks Great Opi. I gotta eventually try to make a Bapty. You and Felice are both amazing at making real looking versions of this gun. I also assume you dont use a trigger cause there wasnt one on the one your copying from the movie? Do you think If I make one it would be bad to do this version but include a trigger. I cant help myself as a guy whose owned and shot many firearms over the years. It just would feel weird to not see a trigger on it.

You can build your Bapty with a trigger Aron. But remember: this is one of the facts why the Bapty company built this blaster without the trigger.

This blaster was used in Tunesia and the government had a really strict weapon policy. So this blaster didn't have to look like a real gun...;-)