What size/diameter are the rings on T-21?

Hi Guys, I am in the process of building a T-21, and I was wondering what size are the rings around the barrel and exactly how many rings are there? I am talking about the mid-way point of the weapon. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Patrick

There are 14 ribs on the barrel and they are 3/8 of an inch. The best way I have found is using a 3/8 clear tubing that is 1/4 id. You can put an insert and glue them together so they looked connected at the bottom. Let me know if you need anything else brother.

Thanks for the words Vince, you the man.

• 3 months later...

I used a 1/2" OD round flexible foam insulation from Home Depot (used for weatherproofing doors) and wrapped it around 14 times (tapering the start and end points). This made the whole thing 7" long. From the screen-caps I had, this appeared to be correct (to me, at least). I just used hot glue to attach it. It really holds well! But be careful to not get the gun too close to the foam or else it'll melt it.

Then I painted several layers of black "Plasti-Dip" over that. This stuff is GREAT! It holds well and is really flexible... so I don't have to worry at all about it chipping off.

i still need to weather it a bit... I'm new to guns n' stuff (I'm more experienced with costume making), so I dunno if it looks ok and is up to MEPD standards.

t21_ribs.jpg

Edit: Here's the foam I used: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-King-E-O-1-2-in-x-20-ft-Poly-Foam-Caulk-Saver-C22H/100159362#.Uqfp9BkpDjM