RS Prop masters AF t shirts

trooper1

Well, have to vent. I am pretty bummed for sure. 1 month ago today I sent money to RS prop masters for a t shirt that was made for CEII, as everyone knows. Never received a reply, of thanks, t shirt is in the mail, or anything. Can't even get a reply to an email or PM, or a Facebook PM.

I really shafted myself by sending by PayPal as a personal payment as requested, because now Paypal says they cannot dispute the payment! $&$)(&@. Well, I have figured now, I am just at a loss.

Lesson learned? Yes! Do not send payments to ANYONE as a personal payment. Always pay the Extra to cover the PayPal fees.

Well, just had to get that off my chest.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave it with me boys. I think they are on holiday at the moment as Simon has been posting on PB with pics. I'll get in touch and find out what's going on.

Jay, what's your pp reference number dude?

RS is notorious for lack of communication.

Sometimes they get right back to you, other times it takes forever, sometimes your stuff just shows up, sometimes you have to chase it.

When I ordered my Armor, I got it in no time, but it was missing a few things (I bought a fully loaded kit) and it litterally took many emails and months of getting the wrong parts sent to get the missing parts. They did show up, but still.

I ordered a "fishpond" plastic lid from them as well, and another ABS lid. It took 6 months to get the fishpond, and a few months to get the ABS. It took several emails back and forth to get the fishpond finally on its way.

I tried recently to get some info on the Boba Fett gear they have. They were quick to respond and quote a few prices, but then ignored all my follow up emails, so I decided to not go back through what I did with the other props I had gotten from them.

They have a quality product. They are good people, I just think that they have so much business they cant keep up and things get lost in the shuffle.

I think they are hit or miss on communication based on how slammed they are.

I placed an order for a green HDPE bucket acout 3 months ago.

It took several mails, pm and Facebook msg to get them to respond.

They gave me many reasons for the delay but still, the helmet has not arrived.

I do know Simon is on holyday, as they told me he would be away and would not come back to the shop until later this week, and then he would start working on mi bucket.

Hope to see it arrive sometime soon.

My lesson learned, never pay in advance, only for what is ready to ship.

Too bad, having got kits and props from TE2, TM, ATA, CAP, and a too long list of private vendors, this is by far the slower process in my 8 years of building armor.

Would expect much better from them.

I guess I will have to live with it though, since I want my bucket.

Saludos.

Yes... maybe.

On the other hand, they do not rob people of their money, they do deliver, just takes to long.

And their armor is on of the bests and the only derived directly from Screen used ANH armor...

They do need to work on their costumer service policies and establish better more accurate deliver dates...

Do others feel the same?

I dont know or have not heard about anyone being scammed. And I dont think they will... they are just TOOO slow.

We wait momths for other makers, why not for RS. The real bog mistake apart form being slow is taking money in advance... IMHO.

Lets see.

Saludos.

Well, as a complete noob, I can only say I'm totally satisfied with their service so far.

Had almost daily comms with them since I placed my order, and they're assuring me everything will be waiting at my bro's house when I'm back in the UK at the end of next month (I'm getting a Fully Loaded, pre-assembled TD set).

I'll update here when I have my hands on the gear but, to date, Andrea & the guys have been top notch....

GREAT Ian!

Hope everything continues runnung smoothly for you.

They are not looking to take advantage of us, I am sure, they are just a bit inconsistent with communications and delivery dates.

Good luck and post pictures as soon as your kit arrives!

An RS fully loaded TD is a very special thing, and something to be proud and excited about.

Saludos.

Leave it with me boys. I think they are on holiday at the moment as Simon has been posting on PB with pics. I'll get in touch and find out what's going on.

Jay, what's your pp reference number dude?

PM sent

I ordered Neil ( Elegance) and myself a shirt and I chased it up a week after Essen to give them a bit of time but heard nothing. The same thing happened after my Sandie armour arrived (which i am so happy with and cannot fault) but the thigh suspending belt was missing and I asked for longer leggings as at 6'3", the included pair was a very stretched fit, ha ha! Anyway, I got an instant message back saying no probs they would be in the post next day but I was still chasing them via my usual Facebook messaging a week later. I managed to privately contact an employee of theirs who I spotted on UKG forum and he was great. He got it sorted and threw in a bag of fixings that I'd mentioned I'd needed for free. I've been in contact with him since regarding the t shirts plus my rubber gloves which developed tears after my first day of trooping, and he said at the beginning of the week Rob would be in touch that day or next but still heard nothing back. I've just messaged him back again to see what the score is. Like others have said before, I cannot fault their armour but it can be frustrating waiting to hear back from them at times, especially when good money has been paid out.

Been emailing with Andrea at RS this afternoon and explained the situation regarding shirts. She said she's been mailing people but if not, please email her at studio@rspropmasters.com and she 'll get straight back to you. The workshop boys have been busy and I think she's just got back to work after time off.

:-)