Craig's UKG induction at the Isle of Wight Garlic festival

Cantina Craig

Hey all.

Just a little report on my induction and first ever troop this weekend over on the Isle of Wight for their yearly Garlic Festival.

Had an early start on the Saturday morning, I got picked up at 5am by my local Sandie buddy Neil (Elegance) and Kathii, his lovely soon to be wife and spotter. Caught the Ferry at Portsmouth where we met with 3 other local troopers- a recently cleared Vader who was acting as spotter for the day, a Snowtrooper and Iron Man :-)

Got to the site with plenty of time to spare before it all kicked off, giving me the chance to talk to people I'd only ever spoke online to which was great. The local build team has set up a display tent including a replica Landspeeder, Pod Racer engine, an Ugnaught, painted Tatooine backdrop, a stuffed Ewok (the best type) , a Stromtrooper dressed mannequin plus a variety of helmets for the public to try on. It looked great, and as Neil and I were the only Sandies, we knew a good bit of our time would be spent manning the speeder for photos.

I went out spotting for a couple of hours in the morning before the inevitable stitch up happened and I was marched into a facepainting tent and came out with a lovely rabbit face. All good fun. Then some press ups at blaster point with which I added some claps to for entertainment, ha ha :-)

Posted Image

Then it was off to get kitted up with the help of Neil's partner Kathii. Me being 6'3" and Kathii being 5' caused some amusement and we needed the aid of a chair ;-)

Posted Image

Then my UKG Decal was added

Posted Image

And out I went. Lots of photo shoots around the speeder plus a parade march to the main arena for an inspection by Lord Vader.

Posted Image

It rained pretty heavily Saturday afternoon, causing most of the public to leave early sadly. So we headed back to the Garrison members's garden we were camping out in for the night, set up tents and then enjoyed a BBQ with the local guys. Next morning we headed back over to the festival where we enjoyed a great day's trooping, the sun was shining and the public were loving us, but that **** Iron Man just about stole the show, haha!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I had a fantastic first weekend's troop, and a massive thanks to Neil for taking me under his wing and helping me become a Dirty Boy. I seriously cannot wait till my next troop and I should have my T-21 all ready for me by then too. Bring it on brothers!! :-)

Great pics Craig, due to a slight errrrrrr "technical" error I didnt get any :whistling:

It was a fantastic two days and the Vectis Squad put on a great show and really looked after us as always, best bit for me was the 2 of us walking the que's with our officer shouting at the public to leave any blasters or sabres at the gate lol.

You did great mate and soon got into the swing of it...... even over taking Vader in the parade :woot: I dont think he'll be so forgiving next time......... :vader1:

Roll on to the next one :td:

• 3 weeks later...