Armor Weathering (Cantina Sargent)

Purplehaze

Hi Everyone,

Well I have finally gotten around to starting the weathering on my armor. Although i am not even 501st accreditted yet, I figured I would do my weathering to a SWAT trooper, in particular the "Cantina Sargent". I know that this particular trooper is hard to get screen shots of & have been involved in discussions on the MEPD forums before so i have attached some photos of the trooper that has been presumed to be the cantina trooper. in the photo of the troopes in front of the Dewback the trooper second from left has the white ear on the helmet, no shoulder pouch & is relitively clean (Pauldron & armor). in the street shot the trooper has a grey ear & pouch, but the dirt patterns on the legs, chest & ad plates match in both photos. so given that he is hard to find am I headed down the right path with my weathering of a difficult to find trooper. Anyway i hope you like it & by the way I am using Pandatroopers "Dirty Oily" method on the armor.

Thanks Andrew.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking really good! I'm not sure the weathering patterns for the legs are different between the two pictures, but the lighting in the dewback photo is much harsher and washes out the detail seen in the second photo.

I think your weathering looks fine now, but if you prefer a dirtier look, you could get away with a little more texture on the legs to match what is seen in the street scene. It's certainly 501st and MEPD approvable now.

Hi everyone,

Here are some more shots of the chest & ab section I was able to do over the weekend. I also added more to the legs to match. i will get more shots up as i progress.

Thanks again for the advice.

Andrew.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 5 months later...