DLT-19 build. First time.

Hello, just wanted to post a thread of my first "big gun" build. I have very little experience on building weapons, have only made a couple of Droopy-Doos E-11. So I was excited, and a bit nervous. This is how it came down.

The parts: I bought the parts from Alfredo Vasquez Gutierrez in the 501st German Garrison. He makes various weapons, but this weapon he molded the resin parts from a real MG-34. It has captured allot of small nice details. I meet him by coincident at a troop in Denmark, and bought the parts. He sold them for 300 Euroes.

Posted Image

The build: Easy and fun. Quite easy actually, even for a beginner as me. First I patched up imperfections with epoxy filler, sanded and sharpened some of the details using Dremel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Before and after:

Posted Image

Posted Image

To fasten the butt stock I attached a wooden plug in the rear that fitted the socket in the butt stock. (relax guys, we are still talking about weapon building here)

Glued on the rest of the parts, like the disc. Forgot to take pictures...

Used a Mini-Maglite as a loading handle! It had the right size and the diamond pattern I needed! Manage to attach it a little too low on the weapon, hmmm. Big mistake, with the glue I used (Loctite) it have to stay there I guess....Don´t want to crack the body of the weapon...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bended a piece of metal to fit as bipod mount. Drilles a hole and attached it to the bipod

Posted Image

I also made a ammo box of a wood chuck. This could have been more accurate, but wood and me don´t play nice... It will play the part ok, I guess

Then I glued together the three pieces of the barrel. This was the hardest bit. Getting them to align perfect. On the first picture, close, but no cigar...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I glued the bipod underneath.

I also drilled a tiny hole in both barrel and main body, to insert a pin to hold the weapon together. This means I can pull out the pin, take of the barrel off and makes it much easier to travel with.

Paint job: The whole weapon was primed, then coated in silver. Then I painted it black, except the butt stock.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then I brushed the weapon with dry silver paint to metallize it, and washed it with some black acrylic paint mixed with water. The butt stock was painted with Woodland Raw Umber, because I had allot laying around (And it will match the armor hehe) Sealed the whole thing with transparent sealer paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DLT-19 completed, just ned to fix something on one of the two front sight pieces (wich is missing on the pictures.)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...