Smally's CE2 report.

Smally

Hi troops,

Well you've probably heard us all chatting on here and facebook about this amazing event, but we know that you're all desperate to see some pics!

I quite honestly don't know here to start as sooo much cool stuff happened. so I think Ill just take you through each day.

DDay -1 (Thursday night).

Joe and I started the long trip over from England. We had to catch a ferry over to France and then drive the rest of the way to Essen:

Posted Image

We got to our hotel quite late and had to hurry to get to the bar where the 'meet and greet' was being held. After a couple of miles walk we found the bar and it was packed with 501st members from all over the world. The beer was great but the company was much better!

A very random moment is when Joe and I got back from the bar and we saw someone sat down wearing an MEPD t-shirt. We went over to say Hi and it turns out to be Justus/Dutchy - One of the most coolest blokes I've ever met. I love ya bro B)

Justus then intorduced us to the guy sat next to him.... Anthony Forrest! We just chilled the rest of the night, drinking and chatting with Anthony. After all it was his birthday, so we kept him well supplied with JD & coke!

That night I also met 'Pino the beast' from MEPD/German Garrison, Marcus (I.T.) MEPD/UKG, and Manuel MEPD/Spanish Garrison. All awesome blokes!

Here's a pic of Joe, Myself, a fellow UKG member, Justus and Marcus towards the end of the night:

Posted Image

At the end of the night, after everyone else had left and the bar was closed, I found myself still drinking with AF, Joe and two guys from America. We carried on drinking until we were well and truly pi$$ed and had to be asked by staff to leave! hahaha

Posted Image

DDay (Friday)

Well and truly hung over, we made our way to the event. Before kitting up in armour we decided to check out the event itself...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That night we chilled with Justus, Marcus, Pino and the German garrison. :peace:

DDay +1 (Saturday)

Saturday was a very busy day for us all. We did the AF reveal which was one of the most exciting experiences ever. Only those that were present in the line up knows how this felt...Here he is, back in armour for the first time since ANH!

I can't believe we got to be part of the reveal team and that I got to stand right next to the man throughout the photo shoot and video recordings... Simply amazing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Me and the man himself:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check this video out for a bit of the reveal moment, I'm to the left of AF as you look at it (0.34secs)

http-~~-//youtu.be/slWYUSyVxtg

After the reveal, We presented AF with some Britannia Patrol goodies. This was to officially welcome him as an honorary member to the patrol but also as our 'Leader'. This was/is a very proud moment for Britannia patrol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AF then put the helmet back on and we patrolled through the event! I was walking behind him and just couldn't believe where I was and that I was actually on patrol with the original Sandtrooper!!!

We patrolled over to the 501st hanger where we had the massive collective photoshoot of all the garrisons.

Posted Image

After all of the pictures and interviews etc, we went back and de-kitted. We arranged to meet up with AF and the guys from RS props where myself, Justus and Joe presented AF with some MEPD goodies and interviewed them all about the move along project and asking AF some questions about the filming back in '76. Justus and I will print the interview on the next edition of the MEPD newsletter ;)

There were some very funny moments during this. Justus gave AF the MEPD pin and AF decided to wear it as an earring! :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

With the RS boys

Posted Image

Joe giving Justus a 'death stare' :P

Posted Image

Later that night was the awesome 501st dinner. We also had special guests including a performance from AF and Tam Morrison!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the loan of the jacket Jus' :thumbsup:

Posted Image

After the dinner was over we all went of over to a nearby bar. We were joined by AF and were chatting non stop for a few hours... A comment I heard that will always stay with me was from Anthony when he turned to me and said "Brad, hold my guitar, I'm gonna go take a pi$$ in that bush" :woot: :

As you can see - pi$$ed again!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Again we drank the bar dry and it was left to Joe and I to walk back Anthony! Along the way, Anthony stopped and joked about doing some busking. He then treated us to about an hour of his songs!

As he was busking, you know I had to tip him!

Posted Image

Posted Image

He also signed a sandtrooper picture that had been stuck to a wall :peace:

Posted Image

DDay +2 (last day)

This was a bit more chilled. We did a UKG parade through the event which was a mega hit with the punters.

We also got our T-shirts from RS props for helping it. Manuel did his own interview with AF and we also took some fun shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unfortunately Joe and had to hit the road at about midday. However we did get time to have lunch with AF, Brian and Lindsey Muir, and Justus - we also made a very quick movie! Joe is working on it as we speak so stand by!!!

I just can't find the words to express just how awesome this weekend was. Im still buzzing!

I seriously didn't want to leave. Every day was filled with OMG moments that I got to share with some very cool people. I have some mega blues about leaving and coming back to 'real life' :(

I will never forget this weekend, it was well above anything I could have hoped for...... :salute:

Really great post my brother!!!

I'll try to recap my side of the story with some images and text well ;)

All I can say is, miss you guys and we rocked CEII like the true TD's we are :yes: