T-21 build and a couple questions

Per suggestion from the 501st, I’ve copied this question here to the MEPD forums.

I've started a T-21 build with long-term aspirations of getting my first suit, a TD. But the T-21 is easier to do short term and doesn't require as many funds :)

For those interested, my album is here.

I have 2 questions:

1) Looking at Lewis gun reference pictures, I know there were versions both with and without the "cleaning kit" tube in the butt stock. Is there a generally accepted opinion on whether or not this was present in ANH? I've tried staring at screen caps and paused video but I can't make it out and haven't seen any photoshopped pics definitely showing if it's present or not. I did check the CRL and it's not called out as being required for any level of certification.

2) Can anyone provide a (preferably US) link to where they purchased their barrel ribs? I know a lot of people have used corrugated drain pipe and I saw a suggestion of using D-form weather stripping. I had tried purchasing some corrugated pipe from one big-box supply store and it didn't look quite right so I returned it. I'd welcome any suggestions

On the barrel you should use small rubber tube and wrap it around. Best way to attach is drill a hole on the underside where you want to start it (slightly smaller than the tube diameter) and then wrap with the correct amount of times and then drill another small hole on the underside to insert the tube.

What I use for my t-21s that I sell is 3/8 inch clear tube. I wrap it around the barrel and the tube is 1/4 inch on the inside. I take a 1/4 tube and glue it inside like a connector so the tube looks like it wraps all the way around. there is a very small seam on the bottom of the barrel. For the o rings I use a number 151 rubber o ring found at most place that carry o rings. Slide them on the barrel and use super glue. You can look at my pics in the for sale section. Let me know if you need better pics. I will try and help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Could someone please supply suggestions and/or links as to where to get D-rings for the sling?

I guess at some point I should upload some photos... I've been very slowly working on this over the past few months as work allowed... pretty happy so far!