New ANH armor on the market

Rolf

I think it is awesome. This is the only complete armour to have ever been cast and I am really looking forward to seeing the final version. Whether it is made from ABS or fibreglass is irrelevant to me because this would be a display piece. To have a fully assembled accurate display cast from an original ANH armour would be fantastic. This is something that hard core trooper fans have been waiting for since 1977 :D

We sometimes forget that we have direct contact with some of the best armor makers and prop builders in the world. When a new person is trying to get suited up and join our ranks it is very hard to actually find good gear. In most cases they end up buying some substandard recast of a recast of a recast off ebay. This will really help those troopers that are willing to pay the extra cash for something complete and more accurate than anything LFL has ever been a part of. This is definitely a win for the legion and especially for the children of the world who we help.

We sometimes forget that we have direct contact with some of the best armor makers and prop builders in the world. When a new person is trying to get suited up and join our ranks it is very hard to actually find good gear. In most cases they end up buying some substandard recast of a recast of a recast off ebay. This will really help those troopers that are willing to pay the extra cash for something complete and more accurate than anything LFL has ever been a part of. This is definitely a win for the legion and especially for the children of the world who we help.

Hey Rick, you love double posts;-)

I agree partially with Paul and Rick. Yes, this is a great armor! The only complete! recast of an original one. And yes, it's much better than the ebay stuff.

BUT: if you build your own armor you give some soul in your gear. Call it spirit or something else. We have great armor makers in the legion but that's not enough. Also these guys, specially Paul, mold the armor with their interpretation how to look an accurate armor.

This kit is a great display item, but not for trooping with soul.....otherwise if this armor is also available in kit form....:-D

I hope a see some sisters and brothers tomorrow in Essen!

So long...move along,

Felix

P.s. German is much more easier;)

I hear what you are saying but I do not think this armour is aimed at anyone just starting out or for trooping in. While I am sure it could be used for anything, it sounds like it is designed specifically for display. It will be built just like the original it was cast from and that is how it should be. If you are lucky enough to fit it and wear it, great. If not, then I would not bother trying rip it apart and make it bigger. If you want armour to wear then I would look elsewhere.

Yes Paul, this armor is 100% a diplay one....a great one and for this price really nice (remember the horrible don post statue for 9000$).

What do you think, is this a 3d scan like the legend bucket?

I do not think it was 3D scanned but anything is possible. One thing that I have trouble with is how they manage to cast it from the inside while all the strapping is left in tact? There is no way you can make a true cast of a piece with the strapping getting in the way so I am keen to see what happened during the casting process. It may well have been cast from the outside and details sharpened. I will know for sure when larger, clearer photos are available and also when someone buys it and checks the lengths of the parts so I can check them against the photos I took of the original RS armour with tape measure on the parts.

Hey guys sorry for not getting here sooner. I should be ashamed to have forsaken my sandy brothers.

Here's the post I made on the other forums:

EFX STORMTROOPER ANH HERO ARMOR LEGEND EDITION

Yes, you read that correctly. No it's not a typo.

For the first time in history, EFX is doing what no officially licensed company has ever been able to do - produce Stormtrooper helmets and armor made in ABS just like the screen-used originals.

Take a quick breath….

And what was the basis for this armor? Where did it come from?

It just so happens that the original screen-used helmet we used to create the Legend Edition Stormtrooper Hero helmet also came with FULL AND COMPLETE ARMOR AND ACCESSORIES!

To the best of my knowledge, this is the ONLY fully complete Stormtrooper from Star Wars: A New Hope in existence.

While some do exist in private hands as well as the Lucasfilm Archives, none of them are fully complete with all the accessories.

Posted Image

Every armor component was carefully molded to capture detail from the inside of the vac formed parts.

Every…component. Every one.

All the fabric based components were accurately patterned and recreated as well.

For most people, the very first time they have every laid eyes on an original body suit and neck seal. Just utterly incredible that these are still in existence and available to EFX.

Many including myself never thought that a day would come where we would be able to own a Stormtrooper suit as perfect and accurate as this.

It is as close as you can possibly come to owning an original.

It really is a dream come true.

Behold the STORMTROOPER in all it's beautiful glory as originally intended!

Coming soon from EFX.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Over the course of the next week or so, we'll be adding some exclusive content highlighting the development of the Boba Fett ESB Legend Edition Helmet with the help of The RPF and myself via https://www.facebook...arwarslifesized

I hope you are all as equally as excited for these awesome new products as I am.

Let us know what you think and if you have any specific questions about them ask here and I'll try to pop in every now and then to answer them the best I can.

Without giving away any special techniques or proprietary info, I can tell you that none of the pieces were molded from the outside and then sharpened. You are seeing parts made from interior surface details.

Well..wait and let's see what happened when it is ready for sale and we can see the final result/ product. The promo pics looks already interested.

And I agree the opinion of Felix...for a display it's cool...but for trooping...rather not.

Actually when you think about it, for a top of the line suit like an RS, if you buy one fully built up and then go tracking down all the accessories, you're not that far off from our ballpark pricing estimate.

And since it is going to be made in high quality ABS, it should be at the very least just as durable as the fan made stuff (except for the old super thick FX style that's done in .125 or .090 styrene).

Then again, the original suits as well as the current high end fan made are equally as susceptible to damage just from normal trooping as long as the fan made were made in ABS like the originals.

ABS is more flexible and less prone to cracking/splitting than HIPS.