first attempt at weathering

skirge66

Actually I'm not using any paint. I buffed the entire suit with Scotchbrite to dull the surface down, then I based everything with hairspray, and unsanded grout (linen color), rubbed off the excess with a dry paper towel. gave the whole suit a moderate rubdown with ashes from my fire pit, to give a little variation to the basecoat color, and let it set up for 24 hours. Then I gave it a little highlighting with the brown and grey Fullers Earth from Trooperbay, blended with a damp towel, and scotchbrite. It's currently sealed with Citedel Purity seal (because I like the finish) If that doesn't hold up well to the trooping I may need to Krylon mat finish it.

I really didn't want it to look excessivly dirty, but rather wanted something more "windblown", or "sandblasted" dirtied up from desert deployment...Kinda wanted the insiration to be more the look of cars that have been sitting in a scrapyard for an extended period.

Thank you for the inputs...I tend to be critical of my work.

• 1 month later...