Helmet stripe removal?

TD30303

Hey brothers-

So where i live I can't find Humbrol anywhere, and I need to add 3 stripes to the left side of my bucket for my trooper. Darth Voorhees used the Humbrol blue, and I found the model masters Testors French Blue. Im obviously thinking i need to remove all the stripes and repaint in order to make them all the exact same color and type of paint.

That being said, what's the best way for me to remove the paint currently on the helmet for the stripes? any suggestions on how i'd go about removing the stripes and adding the additional 3?

Thanks brothers

You could give it a try with white spirit and a cloth, might take some time but it will get it clean. You could also use ovencleaner, but that will take a bit longer as the tubes need to be submerged in it for a couple of hours. Side effect is that all the paint will be removed then..also the paint on the helmet itself.

I hope this helps.

You could give it a try with white spirit and a cloth, might take some time but it will get it clean. You could also use ovencleaner, but that will take a bit longer as the tubes need to be submerged in it for a couple of hours. Side effect is that all the paint will be removed then..also the paint on the helmet itself.

I hope this helps.

I used this on my lid previously it worked out fine.

couldn't you just paint over the old with the new, and add your stripes?

I could have, however, I wouldn't have the correct spacing to add 3 stripes to the one side. It's working out fine, but great suggestion!