Star Wars Celebration III - Sandtroopers Wanted

TD-0013

Will you be going to SWC3?  

10 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

As you all know, Star Wars Celebration III plans are in full swing on the Legion level, and there could be some good jobs for us, the Mos Eisley Police Department. If you are planning on attending SWC3, and would like to do some or all of these specialized "Sandtrooper Gigs", please go to the "MEPD Star Wars Celebration III Roster" database at our yahoogroup and fill out the info there. I am collecting this data to pass on to our illustrious LCO, Tim, so he knows how many of us canon sandtroopers he has to play with.

Tim would like to see/bring more "theater" to C3 than we had at C2, and so would I! This means really getting into character to entertain the fans while they wait in the numerous lines and everything else. I played it to the hilt when I worked the guard duty at the front gates at C2 (Barking orders at the crowds and getting them in nice, orderly lines, etc), and the fans loved it, and I had a blast doing it!

More details will follow once we know who's going, and who wants to take part in some "MEPD Exclusive" jobs at C3.

Click HERE to sign up

If one of the moderators could raise this to "announcement" level, it'd be much appreciated.

OO and for now. I'm afraid i cant help in C3 as a dirty trooper.

Since im flying, i dont have much room. And my newly completed Vader takes the prioridy.

But ill see if i cant pack up my Armor to.

Just dont want to commit and let you down. but i want to put in some hours during C3

This is just for the MEPD Troopers. Not to be confused with the 501st Volunteers group. This database is so I know how many of us will be going, and who would like to be included in any Sandtrooper exclusive stuff (Special "Tatooine" related duties, etc). If you're already a volunteer for C3 through the Garrison, any hours you pull doing these gigs will also count as regular volunteer time.

You do not have to be part of the 501st Volunteer group to take part in our stuff though. Any and all MEPD Sandtroopers are invited!

I gave Tim a few sugestions at DragonCon for sandtrooper specific staions of duty, so as things get down to the actual planning stages at the convention, we will know what volunteer duties are there for us to possibly do as a group..

For example I'm hoping that we can assist with 'weapons' checking.. inspecting and tagging prop weapons.. kinda fits in with our "police" theme. Or maybe working a specific show or event where sandtroopers are the only troopers around. etc..

Along those lines, we do need to start creating a MPED specific citation, like some of the others produced in the past, that we can use in character to cite con goers throughout the day.

-Joey

TD-152

I could put a citation together, any requests for content? Once done I could get it printed in pads & make them available to everyone. If anyone is interested please pm me. Regardless of interest levels, I have no problem doing a citation and making it a printable file. However, to get pads printed I would want to make sure there is a reasonable demand for them.

Actually, didn't Dean already make some of those a while back? I don't see them on his site anymore, but I thought he did.

Remember to stop by the database and fill in your info if you'r going to be at C3!

I'm totally there for C3. "Playing character"? You bet!

The citation pads... great idea! But, has any sandtrooper actually used them? I haven't. But I'm wondering, where do you put them, how do you fill them out, with all the crap we're already carrying? My BFG is usually pretty unwieldy most times. Goota keep at least one hand on it. Thoughts?

I am in the process of making a custom droid scanner. This was an idea I had when I was at C2 - it should be great to stop families with kids, wheelchairs, or strollers and ask "how long have you had these droids?" I also plan on bringing/using my binders. But again, sometimes I feel like I carry around too much stuff.

Yes, I already signed up for the MEPD help list.

• 1 month later...

No real word yet, as things are still in the very, very early planning stages of 501st involvment of the convention as a whole. Once the Legion finds out what's being offered to us for duty, Tim said he'd try to find something good and logical for Sandtroopers to do well as the usual guard duties and such.

I personally am shooting for the MEPD getting the duty of working the crowd before the gates/doors open Thursday/friday morning. let us be the first things people see, yanno?