Paint removal

dutchy

I just ran into a great solution for removing painted armor parts.

I don't know if anyone has heard about it but I read that you can remove paint really easy with oven cleaner.( like mr. Muscle)

Put the part that needs to be removed of paint in a plastic bag, spray a copious amount of oven cleaner in it, seal it and let it do it's work for a few hours. After that brush it of with a toothbrush so you don't damage your armor and voila...clean and white again...

I'm gonna try it myself on my helmet soon because on the back some areas need repainting..

That works fine too, but some can be abrasive and make the plastic soft.

The method I described is best suited when your paint is been on there for a while..

Interesting? Lol I use a product from my gun shop called gun scrubber for synthetics. Works on all plastics, and doesn't soften it.

Great, another alternative! Thanks Jay :yes

I also have heard that breakfluid does the trick.

Great, another alternative! Thanks Jay :yes

I also have heard that breakfluid does the trick.

I think you meant brake cleaner. Brake fluid is oil base and can hurt your leather. Could be bad. LOL The only thing with brake cleaner is, that It will soften the plastic if used very much. You can spray it on a rag, and quickly wipe it, but don't leave it sit for anytime at all. Its sort of like lacquer thinner. LOL