Hello all,

I am looking at the ICOM/Aker setup vs the ROM/FX-Aker setup.

Also, what model Aker? I saw the 1508 was used quite a bit.

Any thoughts on this? If anyone has xp with both or can give me their opinion as to which one is a better option please let me know.

Lastly, if anyone is selling, I'm buying.

Thank you very much for your help!

Darin Herzing

Ive got both and there's pro's and con's for both. The Icom is a simple box and speaker which you charge and its lasts quite a while. The Romfx is a pcb board and speaker but with a seperate 9v battery so has a few more leads to hide, but no major issue unless you want to use an 8x1.5AA battery set up for a extra life/power which takes up a bit more space.

I had both once too. iComm can sometimes play up when there's moisture issue from heat build up inside your armour. RomFX is covered in a rubber "condom" and has never given me problems. iComm is nice because of it's plug-n-play simplicity but RomFX is worth the extra money if you can find/afford it. Where are you based Darin ? I've seen both systems come up for sale in the UK now and again..

I have both as well, and I will always stick to my Rom Fx

Have had many problems with my I comm. the one great thing with the Rom is that you can keep it in the helmet, and the voice changer gives it the realistic sound.

I am looking for another as well for a fellow Squad member if anyone runs into one at a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...