Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rhapsodyred99

SE sandtrooper research and build thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

Looking forward to it.....

I'm aiming for the end of this month or mid august to have it live :)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dutchy said:

I'm aiming for the end of this month or mid august to have it live :)

 

Nice.  I am just about done with the Lvl 1 pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that's good news too!! When you have any new pictures please do post  them in your topic :duim:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is where I am at. Still have some detail work. Lvl 2 an 3 will have more detail and a different base. Lvl 1 will be made of more readily available materials.

I will post a build thread.bd1d144167e21e3712f62a15447c3cd4.jpgf2456d24474cbe604c05ec58de2ac46f.jpg3bf0eee316c369ecb548989a7c5f6e67.jpg31f913fd48576a1661d4db4f6bae2de5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking what I'm seeing here!!! Excellent work so far :duim:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dutchy said:

I'm really liking what I'm seeing here!!! Excellent work so far :duim:

 

The level 2 pack will match the reference photos exactly.  Most of the parts will have to be 3D printed.  The design process has already begun.

Below are the refrerence photos I am using.  If I had some from underneath the pack, that would help even more.

15665885_10212798665708707_5309765812624

 

20108120_10212798665828710_1967164516850

 

20108361_10212798665868711_5743400683125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shawn,  you might want to look into a vacuum former soon. 3D print master parts and them make parts out of ABS, might help speed things up but it's also costly. You're doing amazing work! Love watching all your project's progress

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been looking into vac forming myself. However, I cannot afford one of those machines. Anyone know how to build one or where to get plans for a large one?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrookKnight said:

I have been looking into vac forming myself. However, I cannot afford one of those machines. Anyone know how to build one or where to get plans for a large one?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

I've done some vac forming too. But not with professional gear. Homemade frames, a powerful vacuum cleaner and the oven in the kitchen..and then the fun and burnt fingers can commence :P

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me personally, I am now looking for armor to make a TD.  I would like to be able to wear the 4 different packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
For me personally, I am now looking for armor to make a TD.  I would like to be able to wear the 4 different packs.



That would be awesome, you could be our CRL model!
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 4:35 AM, LoveMonkey said:

 

 


That would be awesome, you could be our CRL model!

 

Exactly, we need good reference pictures for the CRL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be tough for me to do. Either I would have to find some armor cheap to quickly build a sandtrooper or convert my existing heavy weapons trooper armor into sandtrooper. Problem is I would have to retire my Centurion level heavy weapons trooper armor. Anyone know where I can get a used or inexpensive armor set? Haha. How quickly would you need pictures?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2017 at 4:44 AM, CrookKnight said:

That would be tough for me to do. Either I would have to find some armor cheap to quickly build a sandtrooper or convert my existing heavy weapons trooper armor into sandtrooper. Problem is I would have to retire my Centurion level heavy weapons trooper armor. Anyone know where I can get a used or inexpensive armor set? Haha. How quickly would you need pictures?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

From what I understand, once we have pictures the CRL can go live - so as soon as you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just sell a couple packs and you can buy RS Props armor lol. 



But he'd need a ROTJ-armor for that SE-Sandtrooper ;) That would mean buying a complete new set from either CfO or TM (both do awesome RotJ-Armor!!).

I'd love to do that (the controversial nature of the SE-Trooper always attracted me!) but I really don't have the funds now :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×