question on connecting the shoulder pouch

I know this may be a rather dumb question, but how does thes the shoulder pouch connect to the armor? Does it strap to the paulderon? or is it just strapped around the shoulder (not connected to the paulderon or the armor at all?) Does anyone have a picture that shows how it is hooked up by chance?

Hey Scott.

This might seem like a simple question but it is not.

It took us a few years to find the answer.

Truth is that the shoulder pouch is attached to the pack's strap, not the armor. Therefore, any Sandtrooper in ANH with no pack has no shoulder pouch and the other way around.

Here is a picture of my pouch and pack. It does not shows how it is attached though. But no big deal, just run the strap through the loops on the back and secure with electricians or black gaffer's tape.

This, as most ANH original solutions, works great.

Hope it helps.

Saludos

post-1761-0-35998200-1373053405_thumb.jp

hmmm...interesting, thanks for the reply...seems like I see alot of sandies with a shoulder pouch, and no backpack, perhaps it is a Jedi mind trick on me :P perhaps I shall pay more attention LOL!

My pouch uses elastic strapping to secure it first to the pack frame, then to the shoulder strap which keeps it hanging where I want it to once I adjust it (it seems that it is never the same way twice and the elastic needs to be either shortened or lengthened)

When no pack, like at the hospital troop where they were afraid I'd whack the monitors, I just looped it through my shoulder bell strap at the top.

Sweet, thanks Rhaps...I've been debating on rigging something that hooks to the left side of the paulderon, and around the right shoulder...but my new pouches aren't shipping out until Monday...so I'll have to wait to play around with it.

I have attached mine to the strap as well. I used elastic, sewn to a leather strap on both ends, which is then attached by rivets. This way it can flex and move the most it can.

• 4 weeks later...

I have attached mine to the strap as well. I used elastic, sewn to a leather strap on both ends, which is then attached by rivets. This way it can flex and move the most it can.

Hey Jay, do have a picture to post of what you did with your pouch??