YET ANOTHER RE-WEATHERING OF MY SANDIE ARMOUR ! LOL

sir david

as you know guys, i have had to do some repairs to my old faithful sandie armour which meant i was trooping scout for a while ....here are a couple of pics so far ....i have gone back to my " trusty old "black pauldron too! :D

STILL MORE WORK TO DO YET ,and pack upgrades to do too !- but i really miss trooping this old girl buddies !:(

i used a combination of diluted pigment sprayed on to all the armour parts and finished with my trusty old 2" paintbrush,raw umber and rag ! :) ....still needs more detailing adding yet guys !.....

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a fair way to go still guys,but i am getting closer to finally trooping my beloved sandie again after so long out of it ! :)

I can't believe that's the same armour I gave you a couple years back! Between us it must have had about 5 complete weathering jobs done on it! Lol ;)

Looks good mate.

lol! ,yeah bro ! at least 5 now ! ....i need you to sign the armour for me too Brad - to add to the personal touch i want to achieve with the whole kit !,as it was your old armour after all :) :)

Nice rig bro, were you in armor, on skateboard, when said accident happened ? :P kidding, but that vid would be as cool as the dude in the vader rig, playin a bagpipe to star wars, on a unicycle. :D :D

Thank you bro ...it's been my passion since i did my SWAT a couple of years back !....to get the look as near to how Anthony told me John Mollo did it ,and the techniques used ,ithe ntensity of the colour of these guys ( Mollo used oil ,dirt.and brown boot polish ! ) on set in Tunisia ,back in '76 - including the gaffa tape and the many "bodge jobs" that were done by the props guys to hold these costumes together for the shoots on-set back then !....its had a few weathering jobs on it now,but i always look at my work and see scope to improve it more...... it'll probably be re-done again in the next 12 months - if it lasts me that long ! lol ;) ....i love the whole look of the '76 Sandie ! :D

Nice suit bro, the spray smooth out layer weathering looks cool as well, i guess you will get a top nice and accurate look when you work your details into the smooth dusty layers here and there. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...