Sound loop/radio chatter

DirtyBoy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I took all the "Combine" sounds from Half-Life, sped them back up to normal human voices, added 5-10 seconds of dead air at the end and made them individual files in a playlist. I also sped them up at different intervals so they'd sound like different people.

I also took the readily available 501st radio chatter file and broke it up into individual files with 5-10 seconds of dead air at the end, so I have like 80 sound clips in a playlist that I put on "RANDOM".

I might still have the files at home (I know they're on my iPod). If I can find them I'll upload them somewhere.

I took all the "Combine" sounds from Half-Life, sped them back up to normal human voices, added 5-10 seconds of dead air at the end and made them individual files in a playlist. I also sped them up at different intervals so they'd sound like different people.

I also took the readily available 501st radio chatter file and broke it up into individual files with 5-10 seconds of dead air at the end, so I have like 80 sound clips in a playlist that I put on "RANDOM".

I might still have the files at home (I know they're on my iPod). If I can find them I'll upload them somewhere.

I really like the idea of randomized clips! Glad I've got a spare iPod shuffle sitting around

I really like the idea of randomized clips! Glad I've got a spare iPod shuffle sitting around

Yeah I couldn't stand the sound of all the chatter going back and forth at the same pace all the time. It got to where I started to realize the passage of time because I knew the banter.

The last thing you want on a day-long troop is to have something forcing you to acknowledge the passing of time :D

• 1 month later...