need some guidance please

anubis7

Sanding may damage the armor itself...I would try soap and water/magic erasure or a mild paint thinner mixed with water. Try test area to see how each of the above reacts to your specific wearhering

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much. Does the fit look ok? I'm only 5'5

The fit looks great, in my Garrison we also have a sandie that is your length. I guess she is even smaller..

As mentioned by Rick try to go for the more natural look.

Just to give you a general idea..I did my 1st armor several times untill I got the right effect.

Good luck and keep us updated Donna! :yes:

If water base a damp rag should wipe some of the spray look away, and if oil base. I used a cleaner called gun scrubber. This is one that is made for synthetic stocks. This way it doesn't hurt the plastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Your TD is starting to look great!

What did you use for the weathering. I would just scrub it down until it is almost clean, and the paint it again, then scrub some more and paint and again and again. Leave more paintbwhere it would naturally stay, and leave it clean where paint dont stay.

Looking good already.

One thing I would do, you could wear your belt lower. It should hide the line between the ab section and the crotch section.

Share your progress... We love pictures.

Saludos.

Dont be afraid to sand it. TD armor is not glossy anyway...Use 1000 or 800 grit sand paper to remove the paint from the high areas. Scuff the armor. leave a little in the cracks and and stuff. Get some fullers earth or tiling grout or even a little real dirt on there. Spray it lightly with some hair spray and layer the fullers earth (or whatever you use) then sand off lightly after it dries. Use a lightly damp sponge to make the fullers earth cake up as needed. (repeat as needed, repeat, repeat, LOL) Use a pencil lead for small scuff marks. Use your finger to smudge the lead for a dirty look. Rub highly saturated newspaper all over the armor to leave dirt marks and raise detail. The last thing you want is a sprayed on look. Weather it and take pics, If you need to add more then add more, if you you have to ask if there is too much then there probably is :)

Your chest is too big, you need to get a smaller chest from another armor maker...

Your thighs need adjusting and they should be narrower at the bottom than the top...

Belt is too high..

Biceps need to come down a little..

Hand guards are too big, get smaller ones from another armor vendor...