'Star Wars Rebels': New Information Revealed About The Animated TV Show

pashnak

'Star Wars Rebels': New Information Revealed About The Animated TV Show

Posted by Melissa Molina on June 20th, 2013

Posted Image

At this point I’m coming under the impression that we may be receiving at least one piece of new Star Wars information every week, whether it pertains to the new trilogy or the television show. This time around we’re talking about Star Wars Rebels, the newly titled animated TV series that we hopefully will be seeing more of in the near future.

While there may not be any official stills to sneak a peek at, we at least have a better understanding of what kind of characters we’ll be following throughout the show. For those of you who may or may not know, Star Wars Rebels is set to take place between Star Wars Episode III and Star Wars Episode IV. In some ways the story ideas could be infinite, since they’ll be giving them a nice chunk of time to expand on established characters in the universe, along with a few new ones. The main characters will be in the teenager range, which works considering that this will more than likely air on a kid-friendly channel. The story focuses on the Empire who are trying their best to snuff out the remaining Jedi Knights while a rebellion continues to grow.

You know what else is really fantastic about this news? Mark Hamill, our own Luke Skywalker, will be lending his voice to the animated series at some point. Personally I can’t wait to see what this show will look like.

'Star Wars': Disney Announces Animated Series, Jonathan Rhys Meyers Rumored For 'Episode VII'

Posted by Laura Aguirre on May 20th, 2013

Posted Image

There are a few things happening on the Star Wars front, both concerning Episode VII and not. Rumor has it that NBC’s new Dracula, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, is in talks to join the upcoming film. Also, Disney has just announced a new animated series titled Star Wars Rebel, that would premiere in the Fall of 2014.

Latino Review‘s El Mayimbe has a good track record when it comes to scoops; he was the first one to announce that Harrison Ford was coming back for the seventh film. Now, he’s heard that Meyers is in talks to star in Star Wars: Episode VII.

As /Film points out, Meyers is best known for his TV work (The Tudors, Elvis), but he has appeared in one other franchise before, and it just so happens that it was J.J. AbramsMission: Impossible III. This puts the actor in good standing with the director, making the rumor more true than not… but we’ve got yet to hear an official word from the studio.

The other news is from Disney. The studio has announced a new series called Star Wars Rebels, which would chronicle the events between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode VI: A New Hope. Here’s a more detailed summary, from /Film:

The new series chronicles “the toughly two-decade period between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode VI: A New Hope, during which the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.”

Though some of you many be dissapointed that The Clone Wars isn’t returning for another season, you could find some relief knowing that the show’s supervising director Dave Filoni will also serve as executive producer on the new series, along with Greg Weisman (Young Justice, Gargoyles). Also on the team is Episode VII producer Simon Kinberg, who will pen the first episode as well. There’s no word on who will be part of the voice cast yet.

The show is scheduled to premiere next fall on the Disney Channel. After that it’ll move to Disney XD permanently. Here’s a sneak peek of Star Wars Rebels:

The main characters will be in the teenager range

See that worries me personally... The rebels weren't teenagers, they were adults... Even if they say "well they were padawans so teenager" then that doesn't really work as a) they were in the temple and got killed or B) with their masters and got killed...

To me it sounds like Disney are pushing something on the SW universe that doesn't really work... I never liked the books focusing on the kids and the later ones with the Solo and Skywalker kids, other than Ben they were adults (20's say) and Ben was with them...

I dunno... I have a bad feeling about this...